THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Is it possible to bring more than 100rounds into Namibia?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it possible to bring more than 100rounds into Namibia?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted
I'm planning a cull hunt in Namibia. I would like to bring more than the maximum amount (100 rds). I was wondering if there is a way to pack a couple hundred rounds if I apply for a permit and pay a duty? If anyone is aware of something, please let me know.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
If you're willing to pay duty, why not just buy the ammunition upon arrival or have the outfitter purchase it ahead of time for you? It'll be expensive, but paying duty on ammo you bring in would be as well. Even if there is a way to get more in, there's still an 11 pound weight limit on ammunition you fly with (TSA rule I believe) so you'd run into potential problems there as well if they decide to weigh it.

May try to just buy it ahead of time.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote