THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    FYI: SOME AFRICA TRAVEL NEWS

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FYI: SOME AFRICA TRAVEL NEWS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Spoke to Gracy Travel this AM. Ethiopian started passenger flights from Chicago and D.C. to Addis ababa and onward today.
SAA got their bailout. S-O-O-O-O you can get to any open country Ethiopian services and when RSA lifts the travel ban SAA will be flying.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What difference does it make, when most countries are closed anyway??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
What difference does it make, when most countries are closed anyway??

Exactly.

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
The difference is that I was worried about SAA not being around next year. So, I am relieved.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
The difference is that I was worried about SAA not being around next year. So, I am relieved.

Don’t lose hope yet for Zim THIS year!;

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
quote:

I think you can expect many countries will not be open to US travellers until things are a bit more in hand. Then there is the issue of the 14 day quarantines that most countries have in place as well. Until those are gone it will rule out most hunters going abroad. Not many can spare a couple more weeks of time, possibly at either end and the added expenses. She is wait and see for most of us.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I saw an article today somewhere that Zimbabwe had just opened parks and restaurants.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
TZ is open to US travelers. Mike Fell posted on his Fb page a few days ago that he flew from DC to TZ on Ethiopian airlines with no problems. Allow plenty of time in Addis to recheck rifles for onward travel.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I saw an article today somewhere that Zimbabwe had just opened parks and restaurants.

My Zim PH also confirmed the above. The hope now is that Safari camps will also be opened soon. Hunting may happen yet in Zim this year.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well! I think if hunters have safaris scheduled for 2020 in Tanzania and Zambia which are open, Ethiopian coming on line could be a very big deal for them.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12838 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK145
posted Hide Post
Great news Mark, thanks for sharing. Hopefully there is light...somewhere at the end of the tunnel.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopian Airlines info from U S Embassy in Harare:

"Ethiopian Airlines reports it has resumed flights from Harare to the United States. The next flights are scheduled for today, Monday, July 6, at 13:40, Tuesday, July 7, at 15:45, Wednesday, July 8, at 13:40, and Thursday, July 9, at 15:45. Flights to Dulles, VA, and/or Chicago, IL, are scheduled thereafter on Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. However, flight schedules and costs are subject to change. Travelers should confirm all flight details with Ethiopian Airlines when making reservations."

Karl Evans

Posts: 2707 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, my hunting window is almost gone, I am not going to hunt in the Fall.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, my hunting window is almost gone, I am not going to hunt in the Fall.

Why not?? It will be hotter and wetter but hunting will still be good

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have prior commitments in September, October and November.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That sucks!! Hey time flys though so you will be there before you know it

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

December is delightful in the Kafue of Zambia and the first light rains rejuvenate the country and the temperatures are mild. The flora is in color and the whole country turns green.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9840 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

I'd love to see that. I love hunting during the rains. Call me crazy. I'm booked in 2021 in Tanz. Only question is can I get there?

Posts: 9933 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wondering...

If a country open borders and there is a possible airline to bring you there .. should you go ? Is it just that simple ?

If you look at whats happening in many European countries right now, this is what happened mid July. The result is that Covid is now increasing again. And countries and communities are starting locking down again.

I talked with one Zim PH today and he talked about another lock down still being the situation in Zim. This week I talked to agents selling hunts in Poland, Hungary etc in Europe. Since borders opened they have had very few bookings, almost non. What does that mean ? It means that most European hunters do not take the chance... why should they ? Just beacause a country's border is open again and there is a airline available... I am sorry, but I do not see the wisdom in such thinking...

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Getting back home is even more important than being able to go.

At least that is the way it is for me.

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I understand your concern about getting back. However, I had more in mind the possible spread of the Covid virus. This fact seem to be forgotten by many ...

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

This is old news. If you have followed the appropriate steps to acquired a visa pre arrival you will have no issues entering Zambia for your hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

This is old news. If you have followed the appropriate steps to acquired a visa pre arrival you will have no issues entering Zambia for your hunt.

Mark

The way how the situation internationally is so fluid, I would rather stay home.

Things seem to be changing over night, sometimes without any logic at all.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Andrew,

I'd love to see that. I love hunting during the rains. Call me crazy. I'm booked in 2021 in Tanz. Only question is can I get there?

Will keep you posted.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Guys,

Mark

The way how the situation internationally is so fluid, I would rather stay home.

Things seem to be changing over night, sometimes without any logic at all.

I agree Saeed and at the moment I would not advise my clients to travel. Lets see what happens in a month or so.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Things must be improving.

This time last week, according to Emirates they had 39 flights active.

Right now I checked the app and they have 51 flights active.

Still a lot short of their normal time table, but obviously it is improving.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I have several clients in the process of acquiring Zambian visas and making arrangements on Ethiopian. I myself will be going there if Emirates comes back on line with flights to Zambia and Mauritius.

Muchinga has a couple of US clients in the field right now. They were 40 minutes from deplaning to leaving the airport including gun clearance upon arrival. Slick!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, thanks for the boots on the ground facts. It is indeed good news. Wish things had worked out for me, if I can get to Costa Rica it will ease the disappointment.

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
I was supposed to fly to Harare Sept. 28, but decided to postpone til next year.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1428 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Randy,

You were between the rock and the hard place with no real alternative. No sweat on my end and I'm sure Muchinga will take good care of you in 2021.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Charl van Rooyen posted on Facebook today that Tanzania is open and he's sent two of his PHs up there to begin hunting for buffalo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mantheakis is already in the field with clients since almost a week ago.

Posts: 1857 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Mike Fell has been hunting in TZ for about a month or more.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Maybe 1 month and 8 days ..... not more Big Grin

Posts: 1857 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Maybe 1 month and 8 days ..... not more Big Grin

Mike started around July 3 or 4 with a 16-day. Now, he’s in the middle of an incredibly successful 28-day hunt. I think the only major animal left to hunt is a good lion.

Posts: 3826 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
South African leader lifts lockdown restrictions after COVID-19 infections fall

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African President Cyril Ramaphosa said on Saturday that all indications were that South Africa had reached the peak of COVID-19 infections, as he announced a sweeping removal of lockdown restrictions on the economy.

In a televised address, Ramaphosa said the government would end the ban on alcohol and tobacco, allow restaurants and taverns to return to normal business, subject to strict hygiene regulations, and remove the ban on travel between provinces.

“All indications are that South Africa has reached the peak and moved beyond the inflection point of the curve,” Ramaphosa said, adding that the cabinet had decided to move to lower, “level two” restrictions from midnight on Monday.

“The move to level two means that we can remove nearly all of the restrictions on the resumption of economic activity across most industries,” he said.

Despite imposing one of the world’s toughest lockdowns when the country had only a few hundred cases, South Africa saw a surge in coronavirus infections that left it with the fifth highest number of cases in the world -- currently around 579,000, of whom around 11,500 have died.

The COVID-19 crisis has battered an economy already in recession and pushed millions of South Africans deeper into extreme poverty.

But Ramaphosa said rates of new infections had fallen to an average of 5,000 a day, from a peak of 12,000 a day.

This, as well as a rise in recoveries, were “significantly reducing the pressure on our health facilities”, but he cautioned that cases could surge if people fail to maintain vigilance. Restrictions on international travel remained in place, he said.

The lifting of restrictions on alcohol will be a relief to the battered hospitality and drinks industries, some of which have been pushed close to bankruptcy and shed thousands of jobs.

“The further easing of restrictions presents us with the greatest opportunity since the start of the pandemic to breathe life into our struggling economy,” Ramaphosa said.

Reporting by Tim Cocks; Editing by Alison Williams and Ros Russell

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1557 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote