New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stores/shops in Bulawayo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will be there for about 2 days, looking to buy gifts, souvenirs for folks back in the states...

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
One word: FAZAKS......Downtown. I think that is how you spell it.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Tell your PH to take you to the taxidermist TCI they have one of the best curio shops as well as Induna Arts, these days they are a lot better than Fazaks

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Martin should know.....he lives there. I would take his word for it.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto, TCI. Just had some friends get back and they said TCI is fabulous. Cuan is the go to guy there, good chap!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I had to burn a day in Bulawayo when the airline lost my rifle on the way in and my PH took me to TCI and they had a lot of nicer curio items. I didn't buy anything because I was on my way to the hunt, I wish I could have stopped in again on the way out.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12527 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bulawayo is my home town. I would add Ivory Kraal (there is a taxidermy place next to this shop too, Taxidermy Enterprises who sell some more curio stuff and leather goods) and Matabeleland Taxidermy to the list, Matland do some really nice game skin gunbags as well as some nice curio type stuff.

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stop by Courtney and buy some decent boots Roll Eyes

Posts: 224 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 15 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Courtney's didn't use to have direct sales. Haven't been there in years but but if memory serves (and it often doesn't)Geka's used to have the best selection of Courtney boots.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone. I visited all places reccomended and bought some nice gifts. I also reccomend the street vendors downtown if you don't mind haggling. Courtney boots does not have factory sales nor do they allow visitors...the few places that carried them had very limited inventory...