THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    To Dar With Guns And COVID-19 Tests

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To Dar With Guns And COVID-19 Tests
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
As you all know, Tanzania requires an online registration within 24 hours of your arrival

There is a fee to be paid, and a printed result should be carried with you.

We had this done by our travel agent.

We were seven individuals.

2 UAE
One German
2 Swedes
2 Americans.

All of us were allowed to enter without a test at Dar airport, except our American friends.

Test was simple and quick.

Clearing firearms was also a breeze.

Leaving Dar you need a PCR test, which your PH can arrange before departure.

Both the police and customs were very efficient, and very helpful.

Took us only a few minutes to get our rifles ready for check in at Emirates.

In fact, the police officer led us to the customs office, which was empty as it was lunch time.

He went and fetched the young lady in charge, who apologized for not being there.

We had a bit of fun as she asked to see the serial number on the "guns".

I said they were not "guns" but my own babies.

She said "babies?"

I said yes, as I made them myself, and showing her a picture of my daughter Hessa, adding that I made this one too!

This led to further conversation regarding our two families, and we departed wishing to see each other again next year.

The First Class lounge was great too.

Food was very good, and service was excellent.

Better than any lounge I have visited in Europe!!

I hope this continues.

The Dar Duty Free was almost empty of shops, apparently everyone is waiting for the travel to get back to normal.

We flew Emirates, which for us at least, the crew make us feel right at home.

Clearing Dubai airport was also a breeze.

The rifles were ready at the customs when we arrived - firearms are handled only by the police at Dubai airport.

At check in they collect them and deliver them to the plane.

On landing they collect them and deliver them to the customs.

Very efficient, and works great.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66902 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
great news

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Similar experience other than flirting with the officers. But WOW. What an improvement to the airport in Dar since I was last there in 2017! Didn't got to the duty free, so can't comment, but there are restaurants, shops, amazing. First time I went through Dar there were slit toilets.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote