New
Find
Notify
Tools

Day room in Frankfurt!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Having trouble booking a day room in Frankfurt.
Holiday Inn reservations say it can not be done..

Any help??

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Sheraton is right across the street from the airport, a sky way crosses the street to the main level actually.

You can e-mail them for reservations although last year I just went to the front desk and booked a day room. No problems with that.

Probably more expensive then the Holiday Inn, but the convenience of walking back and forth seemed to be worth it to me.

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheraton is the only way to go. It is right there. I have stayed there several times.

Posts: 10094 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rest of the family says they would rather not spend the whole day in an airport hotel!1

Dulcinea

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I'm not sure what your family has planned. I can say that once you check in, take a shower, hit the sack and rest a while there doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot of time left before you can go check in.

The room we had overlooked the airport but I don't recall any noise being a problem.

I'm just not sure off hand what the Holiday Inn would offer for the day that the Sheraton doesn't.

Make sure to have fun whichever way you chose!

Posts: 105 | Location: Missoula MT | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got it, just call the hotel rater than reservations. 69euro, plus free shuttle.

Dulcinea

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard from a reliable source that if you use a day room at the Sheraton you do not need to go thru customs as it's still part of the airport. Can someone comfirm this?

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Not true. You must go through customs.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is going through customs a big deal?

Dulcinea

One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
customs is no problem, the day room is a great idea. We hopped on the train and went to the "Hopbenhauff" (not sure if thats spelled right) it's a main train station. we spent a few hours down town then went back and slept for a few hours.

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote