THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    $870 Worth of COVID-19 Tests

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$870 Worth of COVID-19 Tests
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
My wife and I are just back from a week in The Bahamas.

This testing stuff is crazy.

—2 PCR tests and 2 Bahamian Travel Health Visas to get from the USA to Nassau.

—2 PCR tests and 2 more Bahamian Travel Health Visas for inter-island travel to and from Nassau and Abaco Island.

—2 Rapid Antigen Tests to stay in The Bahamas for more than 5 days and to get back to the USA.

TOTAL TESTING COSTS - $870.00

Crazy.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13378 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Damn! Wife and I leave for Jamaica Wednesday. Outbound test at Walgreen is free, Jamaican visa is free, and the return test is paid for by the resort.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bahamas is relaxing their covid test requirements May 1 for those who have been vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Damn! Wife and I leave for Jamaica Wednesday. Outbound test at Walgreen is free, Jamaican visa is free, and the return test is paid for by the resort.

Michael went to a cheapo resort! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Haha! Where I come from and wherever I have traveled I have found one thing to be true: Nothing is free!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13378 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
We paid for the trip 3 months ago. They notified us of the free inbound COVID testing a month ago. Jamaica also requires travel insurance in case you can’t get home because of a positive test. The resort also notified us that they provided us with that and attached a certificate for the coverage in an email. With out the policy, you won’t be admitted to the country.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Outbound test at Walgreen is free,

Do you mean that it is completly free, or are they billing your insurance? I ask because I have had to have a half dozen or so covid tests and my insurance sends me a statement showing that they have paid $600-$700.

It is my impression that the cost of Covid is going to be felt for a long time.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
We showed our Medicare and supplemental insurance cards. That was it. I suppose they may bill them but I don’t know for sure. We didn’t sign any billing forms.