THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    BA Short Changing Business Class!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BA Short Changing Business Class!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66907 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of choices when flying on American Airlines miles if Qatar flights aren't available. I can only afford to go to Africa about every 4 - 6 years and part of that is not paying for air travel.

At least BA is dropping mask requirements.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
European and African airlines Business class is a joke for domestic flights.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I never bother with business class for short flights. I conserve my miles for international flights.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Right now, you can’t use American Airlines AAdvantage miles for Business Class on Qatar Airways. That threw a monkey wrench into my plans for taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Kenya & Tanzania in February. I was going to purchase I fare and get 2 by using miles. Qatar isn’t allowing miles for Biz Class, only economy.

Looks like I’m buying 3 Biz Class tickets on Turkish Airlines instead.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When did AA stop offering Qatar Biz class on miles? I booked 1 ticket on miles and 2 were purchased back in January for October '22. I was planning to do the same in 2023.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Right now, you can’t use American Airlines AAdvantage miles for Business Class on Qatar Airways. That threw a monkey wrench into my plans for taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Kenya & Tanzania in February. I was going to purchase I fare and get 2 by using miles. Qatar isn’t allowing miles for Biz Class, only economy.

I bought 4 business tickets on Turkish 3 days ago for travel in August. They were over $10,000 cheaper than QA and $5000 cheaper than Emirates. Never flown them but feedback seems good. For what QA was charging, so you could buy a nice car……..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

I bought 4 business tickets on Turkish 3 days ago for travel in August. They were over $10,000 cheaper than QA and $5000 cheaper than Emirates. Never flown them but feedback seems good. For what QA was charging, so you could buy a nice car……..

I flew them last summer, service in the air was great, although they need to serve the mixed drink before your meal and not with it. At IST, the Business lounge was closed and had to use the Miles and Smiles lounge, beer and wine only, however the food was cooked right in front of you.

The ground service left much to be desired, but could have been just a Chicago problem.

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:

There may not be business class seats on Qatar available to purchase with AA miles that fits your needs, but I don't think they have stopped. I recently purchased a business class seat from Dallas to Johannesburg on Qatar. I also see business class seats available on miles on my AA app right now.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member