THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Delta & United add flights from Atlanta/Dulles to CapeTown

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta & United add flights from Atlanta/Dulles to CapeTown
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Beginning this winter, Delta Air Lines will launch three all-new international routes, including two that have never been operated by the carrier before.

On Friday, mainline giant Delta announced the addition of three international routes to its network — Cape Town, Tahiti, and Tel Aviv.

"Offering our customers new and additional access to these international cultural powerhouses is central to our unwavering commitment to connect the world," Joe Esposito, Delta's SVP of network planning, said in a press release.

Flights to Cape Town will operate from Atlanta, while flights to Tahiti will originate in Los Angeles, both beginning on December 17. Delta already flies 10 weekly flights to Cape Town and Johannesburg in South Africa but does not currently fly to Tahiti.

The expansion is the first time Delta has flown between the two city pairs, according to the carrier. United Airlines also recently announced a never-before flown route between Washington, DC and Cape Town, which is scheduled to begin one month ahead of Delta's service on November 17.

Delta's route to Cape Town comes shortly after the airline got regulatory approval to fly a triangular route between Atlanta, Johannesburg, and Cape Town. Instead of flying to Cape Town via Johannesburg, the carrier will now have nonstop options to both from Atlanta, according to The Points Guy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/del...outes-144402148.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
United is adding Washington DC to Cape Town in addition to their Newark to Cape town route.

A few days after announcing that it was adding 120 temporary flights to a number of college towns during the playoffs, United (UAL) - Get United Airlines Holdings Inc. Report is now launching a nonstop flight between Washington, D.C. and Cape Town, South Africa.

The first nonstop flight between the two cities, the new route will take 14 hours and 30 minutes and is unusual in that there were already seasonal winter flights (summer in South Africa) between Newark Airport, one of New York's three major airports, and the South African city.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/...e-just-launched.html

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trying to avoid EWR in transit to the East Cape, I don't find a flight from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. Anyone have experience on this route? Traveling next summer.

Posts: 297 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've done it several times in past years on SAA, but now Air Link and Safair your only choices with each having two flights a day.

Air Link will carry guns, but not sure of Safair.

Be sure to ask your travel agent.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote