New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tuff Pak on Ethiopian
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone recently taken a Tuff Pak on Ethiopian and if so any issues and what were the costs? I get two free bags up to 70 pounds but the Tuff Pak is 66 inches so just 4 inches larger than the 62. No issues with United but just being prepared for issues with Ethiopian if any.

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I flew Ethiopian with a Tuffpak in December of 2019. Size/weight was not an issue at all.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew Ethiopian in November, 2020 from Chicago to Lusaka. No issue with my Tuffpak. EA was wonderful other than their pointless checking of the rifle serial numbers and ammo amount in Addis despite the fact that the bags were checked through to Lusaka and were out of my control (they had already checked them in Chicago).

Flying with them again in July to Harare.

Richard

Posts: 41 | Location: Memphis, Tennessee | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I flew Ethiopian business class this week with a tuff pack and there were no additional charges.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replies.

Its going with no matter what but just wanted to be ready for any issues. Never had any on previous trips with any other carrier.

Posts: 394 | Location: Tennessee, North Carolina | Registered: 01 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot understand this logic of double checking other than the fact the left hand doesn't trust the right hand! Seems to happen all over. Russia and Cameroon has been my experience so far!

quote:
Originally posted by REMN JR:
I flew Ethiopian in November, 2020 from Chicago to Lusaka. No issue with my Tuffpak. EA was wonderful other than their pointless checking of the rifle serial numbers and ammo amount in Addis despite the fact that the bags were checked through to Lusaka and were out of my control (they had already checked them in Chicago).

Posts: 2536 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
I cannot understand this logic of double checking other than the fact the left hand doesn't trust the right hand! Seems to happen all over. Russia and Cameroon has been my experience so far!

quote:
Originally posted by REMN JR:

I don’t either and will never fly them again when traveling with firearms for that reason.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
March of 2020 had no issues with the tuffpak.

They do have rather Byzantine rules, but were less of an issue than Cameroon was.

Uganda was bizarre in needing 3 guys counting the ammo and taking photos of it on arrival... but they didn’t do that on leaving... they just counted them (but still 3 people).

Posts: 10571 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think may be just giving people a job and giving them duties. It's like gassing up in RSA where an army descends on your vehicle and each one has some minor duty to perform. It creates employment.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12857 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote