New
Find
Notify
Tools

JNB via Istanbul?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone traveled this route on Turkish Air? TWG quoted some great prices for next fall (less than half of Delta through ATL).

Posts: 1420 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No but I took TA to Dushanbe by way of Istanbul. Nice airport. I was happy with the airlines.

Posts: 11932 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
No but I took TA to Dushanbe by way of Istanbul. Nice airport. I was happy with the airlines.

Thanks, Larry. How was transit with firearms? Booked through or a clearing process in Istanbul? I’m planning to follow up the same question to Patrick tomorrow when they’re open.

Posts: 1420 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I had booked my flight this year through THY. It is a great airline and great food in flight and lounges at the airports.

As long as your layover is not over a day you are fine checking firearms direct.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brandon.Gleason:
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:

Thanks, Larry. How was transit with firearms? Booked through or a clearing process in Istanbul? I’m planning to follow up the same question to Patrick tomorrow when they’re open.

No problem at all.

Posts: 11932 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello there,
Turkey's national air carrier is one of my favorite airlines. The airline offers great in-flight entertainment, and the legroom and wide seats are just too good to relax. Last summer we went trip through reviews from this source here https://beachradar.com/turkey/ Our flight went well, we arrived at the place and found our house on the beach very easily.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Have done Turkish with weapons a number of times Africa and Asia, Business and Economy. Great airline, good service, new Istanbul Airport is superb and the Business Lounge there is a joy!

Will fly Turkish again.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turkish is an excellent airlines.

Posts: 10128 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote