THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Jo-Berg things to see and do

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jo-Berg things to see and do
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be overnighting in Jo-berg (at the AFton)on July 20th and flying our early on the 21st. And will be overnighting again in August and will be flying out late the next day. What do I want to be sure and see in Jo-Berg? Also any particular restuarant or bar I should visit?

Thanks

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to do layovers in Joburg, but it's been several years. We used to frequent the Mediterranian Restaurant for good food and hospitality. Haven't been there since 1998, so I'm not sure if that is pertinent information now.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
Louis took us to a steak house that was pretty good. I can't remember the name, but it was reasonable and great service. Im sure he would be able to offer up other suggestions.

Hugh

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was the steakhouse named "Spurs"?

Posts: 119 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 05 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be sure and eat at the Ocean Basket.

Very very good.
Louis is familar with it.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When we were there in June Louis took us to the Chuckwagon. A steakhouse it was good stuff.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote