THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    SAA Baggage BS... More SAA crap..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAA Baggage BS... More SAA crap..
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
I know they are saying no soft sided luggage or something like that... unless you wrap it..

Anyone heard if they are OK with the traditional Red Oxx bags? The have 4 flat sides but.. they are soft luggage...

I hate to not take mine in September - its been with me on so many trips - its my lucky bag...

All that good karma :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
Just returned from SA. Flew SAA and had no issues with Filson and Redd Ox duffles.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bwana1! That is good news :-)

Hope you had a successful trip!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Same here with and LL Bean rolling duffel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36417 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
me too, I used Cabela's duffle with wheels, and all went well.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stopped flying SAA the year after they were nationalized.

Broken zippers on expensive luggage (too lazy to cut the locks), stolen items, and lousy service.

Delta is the way to go.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

You need one flat side as in your wheeled duffel. I think with any standard duffel you are taking a chance. Why take a chance? If at check in they decide that you can't use the duffel you have what are going to do? You're screwed!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1