THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Biden’s Executive order on travel restrictions to South Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biden’s Executive order on travel restrictions to South Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, this is a travel ban on non-citizens. So, we can't come to you. Nowhere does it say that Americans can't travel to Africa.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
True.

But people are worried if there is lack of passengers, there might not be flights.

Therefore they might get stuck overseas.

Which I don't think anyone is looking forward to.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66934 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
True.

But people are worried if there is lack of passengers, there might not be flights.

Therefore they might get stuck overseas.

Which I don't think anyone is looking forward to.

I agree. What I have certainly seen is Americans needing to fly to Africa via Europe. Currently there are limited, if any, options on direct flights from the USA to Africa.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scheduled flights from the US to RSA with US carriers were to start in the spring. If those flights do not materialize there are multiple flights from the US to Europe and onto RSA. If you have a hunt booked in Southern Africa you can get there. Of course Joe Dim could do something else asinine to make us safer.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Delta still shows flights from DFW to Joburg thru Capetown (as of about 15 minutes ago) and Qatar has flights to Joburg, though I’ve been told they have cancelled those flights with a short layover in Doha. Not sure about Emirates, but flights weren’t available on the dates I searched. Ethiopian Air shows flights but from DFW there is a layover that requires claiming and rechecking baggage and since I carry firearms, that won’t work, plus the Ethiopian Air fares are very expensive.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2744 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
As of yesterday, there were plenty of flights from ATL to JNB through Heathrow on BA....Business class as cheap as $3278.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMG Hunting Safaris:
Just to be clear, this is a travel ban on non-citizens. So, we can't come to you. Nowhere does it say that Americans can't travel to Africa.

You guys are bound and determined to spread the virus aren't you ? Confused

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1586 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
quote:

You guys are bound and determined to spread the virus aren't you ? Confused

Grizz

What an ignorant thing to say. People are losing their livelihoods. Think about the full time Professional Hunters, trackers, ground staff who has not earned a wage in 11 months.
No one is forcing you to travel. Africa needs hunters now more than ever, and we appreciate the few that are willing to allow us to earn a living.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a client who just booked Chicago-JNB on Qatar.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son could not get booked to JoBerg in the month of May from Atlanta

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeDemocko:
My son could not get booked to JoBerg in them month of May from Atlanta

There seems to be issues with the direct flights at the moment. Delta will only start flying to JHB in June again, I believe. Qatar Airways or Ethiopian seems to be the most stable flights at the moment.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

One of Us
Picture of TNDave59
posted Hide Post
quote:

There seems to be issues with the direct flights at the moment. Delta will only start flying to JHB in June again, I believe. Qatar Airways or Ethiopian seems to be the most stable flights at the moment.

I keep seeing/hearing the rumbling that delta is not flying to JHB until June, my tickets are for May 22 and my flights are still showing active, I’ve searched Delta and can’t find where they have cancelled until June.

Posts: 69 | Location: NE Tennessee  | Registered: 17 May 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have Delta tickets to fly atl to Joberg in April, I have not been notified that those tickets are not valid..

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Ethiopian Airlines flying to JoBerg? They have a daily direct flight from Dulles (IAD) to Addis which is really not a bad flight. If they have options to JoBerg, that's the route I would personally take...

"The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching". - John Wooden

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've booked on Qatar for March 11th to JHB, got my fingers crossed!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
JTEX- where are you flying out of?

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I spoke too soon...I have received word that our delta flights have been canceled. Probably going to be doing Ethiopian air...

Posts: 497 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAGuardian:
Is Ethiopian Airlines flying to JoBerg? They have a daily direct flight from Dulles (IAD) to Addis which is really not a bad flight. If they have options to JoBerg, that's the route I would personally take...

Yes, they do fly to JHB. I have had hunters fly through Addis Ababa, and they were quite impressed with the service and overall quality of the planes.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

one of us
posted Hide Post
I used Ethopian in November, and all went well.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
JTEX- where are you flying out of?

Houston, IAH.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote