THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    British Airways Fares to Windhoek

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

British Airways Fares to Windhoek
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted
I just bought roundtrip airfare from ORD to WDH via LHR and JNB for $1236.72 all in. My flights are in late April/ early May 2017, and were purchased directly through the BA website. Since I'll be using camp rifles and carrying my Red Oxx bag on the plane, I don't have to mess with the baggage pilferage and SAP hassles at JNB, nor pay for extra bags.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
BA is one of if not the most anti gun anti hunting air carrier in Europe. I never use them if I can avoid it.

Good Hunting

Carl Frederik

Posts: 489 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I have flown BA numerous times and (fortunately)have never had a problem. Safe travels Bud!

Who do you recommend Carl?

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFRanger7GP:
I have flown BA numerous times and (fortunately)have never had a problem. Safe travels Bud!

Thanks, SF. I'm a former 1542 (Infantry Unit Leader) who attended the Benning School for Boys back in 1970. Here's a little plaque I picked up while stationed at Ft Benning:

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just finished a trip from Los Angeles to London to Joburg to Windhoek using BA. I too just took one carry on bag and used a camp rifle. The entire cost for the RT flight was $ 1200 and the extra cost for the Camp Rifle for a five day plains game hunt was about $ 120. I know people like to use their own rifles, but the convenience of not taking a firearm and just one carry on bag is hard to beat!

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1848 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Just returned on BA San Diego London joburg. They know very little about traveling with rifles. We had a lot of delays while I was trying to teach them the proper way to handle the guns and ammunition. I saved $1000 on flight and my guns only turned up missing for 2 hours once, so might use them again

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The BA flight from JNB to WDH is on Kalula (a subsidiary of Comair/BA). This airline is not currently licensed to carry guns, so if you are traveling with guns the cheap BA flights are of no use to you. For a bit more money you can get BA connecting in JNB with SAA, which will carry your rifles.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote