New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excellent taxi in Windhoek
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Having just returned for my Namibian hunt. I'd thought I would share one of my best discoveries there. Our PH Fred Bezuidenhout put us in touch with his regular taxi driver in Windhoek. Wendy was simply the nicest driver I have come across: honest, reasonable, easy to talk to and able to understand our US accent. His phone number is 0813110953. Tell him Fred sent you as I wouldn't expect him to remember me. It can be real helpful to have a trusted driver when visiting a strange land. Marshall Jones

Posts: 192 | Location: Redding, CA | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
Is his name really Wendy? We are heading there in May and I will put this in my notes.

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I had paid more attention to names when we were there in May; we found the driver's to be very good, in general.

When the wife and I were leaving Namibia, we were going to have to be in Windhoek about 12 hours before our flight. Our friend at Erindi put us up in a day room at the Kalahari Sands and arranged for a driver to the airport. We found him to be exceptionally courteous, came in to get all bags, was a good conversation on the way, and took us all the way thru the terminal to our place in line.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote