Find
Notify
Tools

New 4457 form
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.cbp.gov/document/f...effects-taken-abroad

The expiration date in the upper right hand corner has been removed.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The removal of the exp[iration date is going to make a lot of heads explode in the different countries that were requiring it to be current rotflmo

I wonder what their response is going to be now, if they will just move to using the 5/22 date at the bottom. Assuming that is what that actually is.

Posts: 58 | Location: Utah | Registered: 17 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me correctly, the older versions also used to be good indefinitely

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
quote:
If memory serves me correctly, the older versions also used to be good indefinitely

They are but try to tell that to some African official on a power trip or just looking for a bribe.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the 5/22 on the bottom will be thought as an expiration date by some countries

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hydehunter:
I wonder if the 5/22 on the bottom will be thought as an expiration date by some countries

It will cause problems. Foreign officials find it unbelievable that Americans don’t need a license to own firearms.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
then maybe the date should be whited out then recopy and does not show a date at all

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always cut the date off of the form they dont care about that date. They want to go by the date it is stamped and they try and say that needs to be within the year.

They just dont get the form really means nothing at all and is just a good feeling for them for some reason

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote