THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    . . . another good reason to fly Emirates

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

. . . another good reason to fly Emirates
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
Emirates tells cabin crew they must get vaccinated or pay for COVID-19 tests before flights
kduffy@insider.com (Kate Duffy)
Business Insider

* Emirates told staff they must get vaccinated or pay for a COVID-19 test before flying, Reuters reported.

* If cabin crew aren't vaccinated or tested within seven days of a flight, they'll be put on standby duty.

* 60% of Emirates staff have had the first or second dose, or are registered to get the vaccine.

Emirates has told its cabin crew that they must get vaccinated against COVID-19 or pay for a test to prove they're not infected before each flight.

From March 15, any crew members not vaccinated against the virus would have to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test in the seven days before their flight, Emirates said in an internal email to employees, seen by Reuters.

If cabin crew members didn't get vaccinated or pay for a test, they would be put on standby duty, unless they are exempt, the email said.

Those exceptions are crew members who have registered to take their first dose, are waiting for their second shot, have a valid medical reason, or have recently had COVID-19, Emirates said.

"Certain countries may in the future differentiate the entry criteria between those who have taken the vaccine and those who did not," the airline told its crew members in the email.

"Keeping this in mind, having a vaccinated workforce has become essential not just from a health and safety angle but from an operational one too."

So far, 60% of Emirates' crew has either been fully or partially vaccinated against coronavirus, or is registered to get the vaccine, the email said.

Emirates didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment, but a spokesperson told Reuters the policy applied to all employees in the United Arab Emirates.

Etihad Airways announced in February that all of its crew members had received the COVID-19 vaccine - the first airline in the world to reach this milestone.

United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby said in January he wanted to make the COVID-19 vaccine mandatory for all employees, and said the airline would be among the first to impose the rule.

Mike

Posts: 21208 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Large companies have made it mandatory here.

We probably have one of the most efficient vaccinating systems.

You book ahead, or you can just walk in.

All our employees got both shots.

No restrictions as to age or nationality.

Only requirement is that you are a resident here.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emirates is my preferred airline, headed to Zim on Monday and couldn’t get workable flights on Emirates, so going Qatar. We’ve flown Emirates several times out of DFW, their ticket agents are the best. Extremely helpful checking firearms. Wife and I have both had all doses of vaccine, hopefully it works as they say. No problem getting the shots.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If you have been vaccinated, is Qatar Airways still requiring a neg PCR test just before flying?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am hearing all sorts of funny stuff about this bloody Chink virus.

I know several individuals, who have had both shots of the vaccine, from different makers, Chinese, European and American.

Some tested positive afterwards.

Some actually got the virus too!!??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
If you have been vaccinated, is Qatar Airways still requiring a neg PCR test just before flying?

Yep...still requiring a test.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2745 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes. Two friends of mine flew on Qatar today bound for South Africa, and they had to provide the negative PCR test. $200 a pop for the standard negative PCR test here in Las Vegas. $400 a pop for the expedited test.

One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
A smart move by Emirates.......

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$325.00 for rapid test at DFW, $300.09 in the small town near where we live.

Karl Evans

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Another reason I’m glad I’m flying Emirates!

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just got the one shot Jannsen vaccination an hour and a half ago. I'm going to make 10 copies of my vaccination card just in case.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I just got the one shot Jannsen vaccination an hour and a half ago. I'm going to make 10 copies of my vaccination card just in case.

Who the hell is Jannsen?

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:

Who the hell is Jannsen?

My paperwork says it's the Janssen Covid -19 Vaccine. I misspelled it above.

The girl giving it to me called it the Pfizer vaccine.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:

Who the hell is Jannsen?

My paperwork says it's the Janssen Covid -19 Vaccine. I misspelled it above.

The girl giving it to me called it the Pfizer vaccine.

It’s the JNJ vaccine. Jannsen is their subsidiary.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Yeah, J&J is the single shot,. Pfizer is two shots, I had the first one last Monday and the second one will be on April 5.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TNDave59
posted Hide Post
Good to hear! My second shot is Wednesday and hopefully we will be on an Emirates flight the end of May.

Posts: 69 | Location: NE Tennessee  | Registered: 17 May 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
have had both my shots for C-19, last one 2.5 weeks ago. Am hoping South Africa changes their PCR test requirement to having had the shot before our May (flying out on the 10th) trip. Flights are with Emirates Air, first time with this carrier.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote