THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    International Business Class Airfare Rate Increases

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

International Business Class Airfare Rate Increases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’m leaving DFW in a few days to Harare for a hunt. Ticketing was made several months ago on Qatar, and business class air was about $3500. I started looking again a few days ago for flights back to Harare next year (10-11 months out),and found that Qatar and Emirates business class airfares have more than doubled in pricing ($8k-$9k +). It seems that the pricing impact is in business class only, not economy. There are a few other airline options in the mid-$5k range, but the routing is horrendous. Does anyone have any insight as to what’s going on?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I usually fly QA from ATL to JNB, then regional carrier onward. Tickets were always about $4500. Last February I checked on QA flights and they were $7500, so booked on Turkish for $5500. I needed 4 tickets. Just for the hell of it I checked QA 3 weeks before my late August departure. Price had dropped to $4000. My advice is hold off until much nearer departure.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Jet fuel costs are higher than last year.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I flew United this year to Joberg from Durango CO in business for $4500. Out of curiosity I checked a few months later and same ticket was around $12k. Just checked yesterday and back around $5k. My advice- check often and when you see it low, buy it.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote