THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Rifle and ammo on Ethiopian Airlines?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle and ammo on Ethiopian Airlines?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any one traveled on EA to/from Africa recently? I can not find any regulations or guidelines on their web page a part from a few vague lines like "rifle in appropriate locked box" and "ammo in accordance with IATA regulations".

Is it really that simple or is there more I need to know. I tried calling EA information center and get the same vague answers from some one who obviously does have to look this up. I have allso sent an e mail to them hoping for a written answer to use but so far no answer at all.

I allso need to know if any one has traveled on EA from Europe to Zimbabwe as it would be interesting to know if EA cares about the EU ban on firearms and ammunition export to Zimbabwe. If so I need to get a firearms import licens from Ethiopia and spend a night in Addis Abeba I guess.

The reasons I am looking in to this is EA offers a flight from Stockholm Sweden, where I live, to Addis Abeba and the a connection from Addis to Harare Zim on the same day. This would give me only one stop on the way where my gear might get lost as opposed to two or three stops if traveling via South Africa and the number of hours traveling is significantly less.

Am I in trouble if I try going via Ethiopia, is is a more safe bet to fly via South Africa?

Posts: 101 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I dont know the answer to the EU part of the question,
Another AR member "gorge" used Ethiopian airlines last year. He had one small hickup that was solved once a supervisor got involved.
Im using them in August. The best answer i could get from anyone is to abide by TSA rules and regulations for firearms. If you check them through all the way to Harare you should have know questions in Addia Abba.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote