Notify
Tools

The Bulawayo Club
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of husky
posted
Hi,

I wonder if anybody here at AR has stayed at The Bulawayo Club in Bulawayo in connection to a hunt or of other reasons. The Club looks like a very nice place to start and end a hunt with style.

I think they got a cigar room as well:-)

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bwanamrm and I stayed at the club before a safari and really enjoyed being there. The place is steeped in history with lots of old photos to support it.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Haven’t stayed there but have had lunch there. Fine old place with enough nostalgia on the walls to keep you reading for hours.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13141 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Agree with what Jay said, I have also stayed there a couple times and loved the history, food and smoking cigars in the bar. Very cool place and well worth an extra night, although the rooms are certainly nothing special.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
A beautiful place! I plan to go there again this June when I'm in Zim again. Room are nice but plain and simple but lots of history there. Have a Zim friend book your rooms. They are about $400 per night for US citizens and $60 per night for Zimbabweans. You won't go wrong there. Only place in Zim that is a step up is the Vic Falls Hotel.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
what Cal said about booking a room.

You will lose time just looking at the place.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
That's an awesome looking place. I could spend some time there...

I got to go to the Muthaiga Club in Nairobi a while ago. That was neat given the history of the place.

one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Dear Gentlemen,

Thank you for fast and positive answers. I will for sure let the Safari operator book our rooms. Any problems arriving with hunting weapons there, does The Club have safes work rifles etc?

My favourite hotel is The Imperial in New Delhi, India. It's so colonial that you become disappointed that you dont bump into the Viceroy himself. Maidens Hotel in Delhi is also worth a visit.

Cheers!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My favorite is The Victoria Falls Hotel in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. tu2

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
My favorite is The Victoria Falls Hotel in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. tu2

I have heard that it is nice. and then take the river boat night dinner cruse.

maybe in a few years, who knows.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Is that the place next to the Rugby Pitch?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12537 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
$400 a night must be seriously negotiable?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Awh, that's less than the daily rate for plains game in most places. rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
While the BC sounds like a cool place to grab a cocktail, I’ll pass on staying there at $400 for a room. I’m spoiled by staying at Casa Piccolo in Windhoek. For $65 US you get a clean comfortable room, free WiFi and free hot breakfast in the morning. And it’s only .8 miles from Stellenbosch Winery, Namibia’s #1 rated restaurant by Trip Advisor. A Filet Mignon dinner, complete with salad and potato runs you under $18 US. Cold Tafel Lagers cost you an additional $1.25 US each.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very cool - appreciate the tips. I'm making my first trip over to Zim this year and will start or end at the club. I like the idea of spending some time in something with more soul / history than a bland Marriott

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

I just got their price list.$100 - $120 per room and night for foreigners. That's ok price. Must cost some to keep the old club up in representative condition.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If its 400 bucks a night and you have to book through your "agent" then its obviously not a "club" in the true sense of the word - like the Muthaiga Club (where I have stayed and partied
at many times) - such establishments are sadly diminishing in number at the current time.

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
While the BC sounds like a cool place to grab a cocktail, I’ll pass on staying there at $400 for a room. I’m spoiled by staying at Casa Piccolo in Windhoek. For $65 US you get a clean comfortable room, free WiFi and free hot breakfast in the morning. And it’s only .8 miles from Stellenbosch Winery, Namibia’s #1 rated restaurant in Namibia. A Filet Mignon dinner, complete with salad and potato runs you under $18 US. Cold Tafel Lagers cost you an additional $1.25 US each.

+1, Bud.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1318 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by husky:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

I just got their price list.$100 - $120 per room and night for foreigners. That's ok price. Must cost some to keep the old club up in representative condition.

That sounds more like it.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG and I stayed there on our way to Sengwe Research for Tuskless. I don't remember it being high cost, but it sure was like going back in time.

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote