THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Paper work for transit through Frankfurt with rifles..

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paper work for transit through Frankfurt with rifles..
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What do they require now.....can somebody in the know elaborate..?

Any links to the forms needed..?

Looking into a Norway - Frankfurt - Botswana flight in mid April..

Thanks..

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pondoro,

This came out in November. Best of luck on your hunt.

New Arrangement - Transit Permits Germany
Dear Members,
We have received the following email from Sabrina Stock (Ordnungsamt Frankfurt am Main) with regard to firearm permits for transiting hunters.

Ladies and gentlemen,
Regarding the permits for travelling with weapons and ammunition there is a change in procedure.
No licence to take weapons or ammunition into or through Germany shall be required for weapons and ammunition taken on board ships or aircraft, kept in locked storage while within the territory of Germany, reported without delay to the competent supervisory authorities (customs) (including the manufacturer`s mark or trademark, caliber and serial number) and removed within one month from the territory of Germany.
This arrangement is valid immediately. Already applied and paid permit will be approved by me.
For the future you don’t need a permit for your hunters / shooters going to a hunting-trip / competition via Germany (travelling by airport Frankfurt), so that we won’t be working together frequently.
I hope this arrangement makes it easier for you J.
Nevertheless I would like to say THANK YOU for your cooperation and your friendliness!
Kind regards
Sabrina Stock
Ordnungsamt Frankfurt am Main
Waffen-, Jagd- und Fischerei
Kleyerstraße 86
60326 Frankfurt am Main

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9361 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
- Many thanks... Smiler

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No licence to take weapons or ammunition into or through Germany shall be required for weapons and ammunition taken on board ships or aircraft, kept in locked storage while within the territory of Germany, reported without delay to the competent supervisory authorities (customs) (including the manufacturer`s mark or trademark, caliber and serial number) and removed within one month from the territory of Germany.

From this it sounds like a layover in Germany for a few days with weapons is acceptable so long as they are "kept in locked storage". My question is with which authority at the airport can your weapons be left and is there a charge for it?

Posts: 13227 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I returned from a boar hunt in Tunisia at the end of January, wanted to take a few days to visit Germany. I use Steve Turner of Travels with Guns. He told me about how the Frankfurt customs office have went back to old system, where no paperwork is required to transit through Frankfurt. However, if you want to leave the airport for a few days, you need to leave your guns with the Customs office. However, let me warn you. They seemed to have no knowledge of the ability to leave a gun with them. After a lot of them making phone calls, seemed they agreed. If you use a TuffPak like I do, they told me that they could only hold the Gun and ammo, not the other items in with the gun. I plead with them, they finally agreed to take the entire Tuffpak. Be ready for a huge German beuracracy to deal with...Good Luck