Find
Notify
Tools

Visa for Brazil
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
I know this may be a long shot, but I’m sure plenty here have gone peacock bass fishing in Brazil. I may have to do a quick business trip there without much notice. I know there are online services with 6-10 turnaround options. I am curious about going to the consulate, specifically Houston. The website said that same day visas may be granted, but not guaranteed. It also stated that an appointment may take up to two weeks. As I said, this maybe a spur of the moment trip and would like to know some insight.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I have doneitboth ways: using our company service and going to the consulate. Last time I went on line for a consulate appt;showed up the next day and got my VISA whie I was there. My assistant went that route a few months ago and got it the same day. They made my boss come backthe nect day but we just sent a courier.

Safe travels.....L

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It sounds like I may just drive down to Houston if this deal happens.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Suggest you call to see if they can doit the same day. They will want to see a ticket for travel.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I know this may be a long shot, but I’m sure plenty here have gone peacock bass fishing in Brazil. I may have to do a quick business trip there without much notice. I know there are online services with 6-10 turnaround options. I am curious about going to the consulate, specifically Houston. The website said that same day visas may be granted, but not guaranteed. It also stated that an appointment may take up to two weeks. As I said, this maybe a spur of the moment trip and would like to know some insight.

There is a single entry on-line version available. Do it from your computer.

There is also talk of Brazil ending visa requirement altogether. It may have already happened, wasn't in effect during my last entry in December

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correction from my previous post. Single Year, not Single entry.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
In this day and age, I really wonder why any country requires visas!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Revenue generation??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Revenue generation??

Brazil imposed it after us imposed/increased fees for Brazilians.

It is a bitch to fill in stuff online. I paid $150 to have someone in Miami do it.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:

There is also talk of Brazil ending visa requirement altogether. It may have already happened, wasn't in effect during my last entry in December

Steve

Thats interesting my trip was 2 weeks before you and they absolutely wanted a visa on entry.

The E-visa on line is good for 2 years (not single entry or one year) and is $40.

You can take a pic with any smart phone and there are clear guidelines on what they want on the application website. I used the same online pic storage that I use here to resize to correct dimensions (Imgur).

Easy to fill out form and took 5 days for on-line approval (last fall, October). Not sure whats complicated about it other then getting the picture correct which seems to be folks not reading the clear instructions from the reviews I have seen on the process.

online place that handles the e-Visa;

https://brazil.vfsevisa.com/brazil/online/home/index

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:
Revenue generation??

Brazil imposed it after us imposed/increased fees for Brazilians.

It is a bitch to fill in stuff online. I paid $150 to have someone in Miami do it.

Mike

Yes, Argentina initiated a reciprocity fee a few years ago as the US required visas for Argentine citizens. That has since been rescinded.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Revenue generation??

Pay as you arrive.

Gets red of all the hassle.

Or charge it to the airlines, as some countries do.

Which means you pay when you buy the ticket.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66936 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dinsdale:
quote:

Steve

Thats interesting my trip was 2 weeks before you and they absolutely wanted a visa on entry.

The E-visa on line is good for 2 years (not single entry or one year) and is $40.

You can take a pic with any smart phone and there are clear guidelines on what they want on the application website. I used the same online pic storage that I use here to resize to correct dimensions (Imgur).

Easy to fill out form and took 5 days for on-line approval (last fall, October). Not sure whats complicated about it other then getting the picture correct which seems to be folks not reading the clear instructions from the reviews I have seen on the process.

As I stated, wasn't in effect on my entry.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dinsdale:
quote:

Steve

I can’t seem to get this link to open, nor can I find the single entry/year visa. My potential client will firm up the deal tomorrow and I will have a better idea of the urgency of the trip.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What carrier do you come to Brazil?
Go fishing in the Amazon?

Caçar é mais que matar, é um estado de espirito...

Posts: 82 | Location: Brasil | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got mine back on Tuesday. Work paid over $400 to get it done by a service and back to me in a couple weeks. crazy

NRA Life Memebr

Posts: 91 | Location: Holt, Michigan | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gui ferrari:

Unfortunately, my travel will be business unrelated to hunting or fishing. My carrier will be determined by what works best for the timing. It does seem to make more sense to go to Miami after getting the visa in Houston, as flights seem easier.all of this is predicated on the potential meeting.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I strictly fly American > Phoenix > Miami > Manaus. Only other option is Copa through Panama city.

Mine is always fishing. Currently working on a booking with a new group on a new river. Trombetas.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I strictly fly American > Phoenix > Miami > Manaus. Only other option is Copa through Panama city.

Mine is always fishing. Currently working on a booking with a new group on a new river. Trombetas.

Look forward to the new river report.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:

Steve

Brazil entry visa requirements ending June 17th for many countries, to include the USA

Formerly "Nganga"