New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bows into Bulawayo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For anybody traveling to bulawayo be aware that you now are required to have a permit for your bow. It is not something you can get at the airport as with your rifle. It must be done prior to your arrival. My bow is still sitting in customs, or so I hope. They are charging me $2/ day storage. There were several other hunters in the same boat. The permit is $400 and must come from your the parks dept. so your PH apparently has to get it before your arrival. Apparently in Harare th is is not the case. So just a heads up for any bow hunters, check with your PH, apparently this is something new. But I know of 4 hunters in the last two weeks in the same boat. If you get here w/o permit, they will impound it and then you can get a permit and thenpick it up, but it may be a couple of days.

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent
This is not a new issue, I encountered it last year. It is the same for Harare. last year the permit was $100 now this year $400. I am very surprised your outfitter/PH did not arrange this for you if he knew that you would be bowhunting. Bowhunters need to take note and ask your PH to email you a copy of the permit prior to departure to Zim.
I arrive in Harare on Saturday and hope my copy will do the trick.
JCHB

Posts: 411 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JCHB,

Actually my intel says they have only been instituting this bow permit for DG state land hunts. Private land PG hunts had not been effected until recently. Bulawayo is requiring the permit but a client just went through Harare without a hassle at all.

I also understand that a Parks person has to accompany you on your hunt. Just what a bow hunter needs is another person in the blind who may or may not know anything about bow hunting. You also have to pay for the Parks guy.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12841 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote