New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lay Over In Paris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Friends of mine are going to be laying over in Paris for three days after a hunt in RSA. I know of the requirements ofr flying on air France with guns but i don't know what to tell them about any special permission about laying over in paris with guns. Can guns be stored at the airport, taken to the hotel?

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
We went into detail on this sometime in the past, but I can't remember under which thread or when it was discussed. The short answer is you can take the guns out of the airport when in transit, as long as they are not one of the controlled calibers or firearms under French law. There is a long list of calibers which require authorization in France, mostly those used or in use in military arms, .223 Remington, .308 Winchester, 7 X 57, 8 x 57, 30-06 and others. If they have a classic bolt action in 300 WinMag or .375 H&H or almost any large bore for that matter then they will not have a legal problem.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nkonka,

I did it in January. You only need your 4457. They will inspect your gun on the way out but no problem there. There is no procedure set up for this but before you get to go out a plainn clothes cop will show up out of nowhere. Everybody was very polite and we got no attitude at all. We took the guns right to our room with no questions asked. This is the least complicated transit of an airport or entry into a country that I have encountered.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote