THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    One week to go ..... On way back now! It was awesome

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One week to go ..... On way back now! It was awesome
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted
and then I fly down to Jhb, a good buddy flies in from Indonesia and we head down to KZN for a few days chasing bushpig and then 3 or 4 days of 'whatever takes our fancy' plainsgame.

No timetable, no agenda, relaxed easy fun hunting. Except the bushpig which will hopefully be howling dogs, ripping sugarcane, grunting pigs and the whole adrenaline package!!

Counting the days!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need a Bushpig! Good luck on your hunt.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Creeping through the maize or cane at night with a bushpig just off the end of your muzzle is a rush.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Hopefully we will be stalking and creeping in the mealies at night too !

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dogs are fun but, belly crawling within feet is so much more intense.

Should be pigs about as the maize is being harvested now. And with the drought there should be a lot of pigs about.

Good luck.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
I have done both before ( a number of times ). Two totally different hunts! I really enjoy running with a pack of good hounds and it's an amazing hunt. The maize at night is - as you said - a rush ! Again a totally different hunt - silent except for pigs chomping on mealies or breaking stalks!

And then I am thinking an old, old wildi bull with the .375 double.

Can't wait....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Charlie;

Fun fun fun!!!

But why isn't Anja coming along???

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Darin hi.

Anja has given me time off for good behavior Cool

Just kidding - she is good with Rob and I chasing pigs and drinking Windhoek and scotch by the fire nights for a week.

She's is going to stay in Jhb, catch up with friends, shop and take it easy for a week. She'll get daily up dates from me!

Cheers

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

Have fun in KZN, I'm about 10 days behind you.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Where are you headed Frank ? And what are you after ?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
Where are you headed Frank ? And what are you after ?

Sorry Charlie, I didn't see your question until today, I'm hunting with Ian Blakeway of Venture South Outfitting on the free range area a couple of hours from Durban. We're chasing Nyala and bushbuck.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the spiral horns!

Posts: 297 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

In the SAA lounge at OR Tambo on route home. Had an awesome weeks hunting with a very good friend. 15 animals between us including day time stalked bushpig, waterbuck and a bushpig over hounds bayed at 5 meters !

Report to follow.

Charlie

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Report to follow.

Charlie

These are always a good read popcorn

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote