Find
Notify
Tools

Namibia in june anyone ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi

Im arriving Windhoek june 21. for a leopard hunt near Waterberg. (Otjiwarongo)

Anyone here going the same way?
Maybe we can grab a beer

I will transfer in Jo`burg the same day

Odin

Posts: 188 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will be in Namibia during part of the same time frame, but not in Windhoek on that date. But I'm sure there will be many other hunters coming and going as that time of the year is about the height of hunting (and sightseeing) activity.

By the way, why are you routing through SA? From Europe (Frankfurt) there is a direct flight to Windhoek.

Anyway, good luck with your hunt! But too bad an arctic Norwegian is spending the long awaited summer solstice in the Southern Hemisphere! Just can't get enough of winter?

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Direct flight to Windhoek from Frankfurt?
I didnt know that. Im flying Oslo-Heathrow-Joburg-Windhoek.
But flying Frankfurt-Windhoek would save me the hassle with gun transfers in London. Ill check that with my booking agent, limpopo-travel.dk.
Thanks for the info Smiler

.....And regarding the arctic summer: Well, ARCTIC summer says it all !

Posts: 188 | Location: Near the arctic circle, Norway | Registered: 14 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Odin, Frankfurt-Windhoek via Air Namibia is the way to go. By-passing Johannesburg is a smart thing to do these days, if you can. Even if a bit more costly, it will be money well spent.

Sköll!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I'll be there on 24th of june, Milan-Frenkfurt-Windhoek tour; I can spend time for a beer or two without problem.

When i'll be in Frankfurt hub, I hope to have time to eat sausage and drink Weissbier before the flight, it helped me in relaxing.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
I'll be there about a month ahead of you. Leaving the 16th of this month, returning
June 1.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Odin:

It would certainly appear to be well worth the effort to change your flight to Air Namibia from Frankfurt. I assume that there is direct service from Oslo to Frankfurt, and as I understand it, Frankfurt is a fairly "friendly" airport for hunting travelers compared to some others. The time enroute should be considerably less, also.

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Odin, my opinion, if you can stay far away from Heathrow, wel that's really better, moreover if you have to change plane. Not so much gun friends there. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT bring with you the scope of your rifle in the hand luggage when you have to stopp in Heathrow Hub, is forbidden. It is considered part of gun. If you can fly Oslo-Frankfurt-Windhoek, Air Namibia or Lufthansa. Really better, less risks of loosing luggae and guns.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Sorry won't be there. We leave tomorrow via the Frankfurt to Windhoek route. dancing

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote