THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Boeing’s Problems With The 737 Continue!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boeing’s Problems With The 737 Continue!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
What has happened to what once was a great company??

This does not reflect very good on Boeing!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Boeing is one of the Strongest Co. in The U.S. They will bounce back.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yes, Boeing went about this all wrong, this is what happens when the "Bean counters" take over and override engineers, but one has to ask the question; how come none of the big users of this airframe have not had any mishaps? The answer is obvious: Training, or a lack thereof... Any Boeing is still better than anything put out by Airbus...

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7136 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Yes, Boeing went about this all wrong, this is what happens when the "Bean counters" take over and override engineers, but one has to ask the question; how come none of the big users of this airframe have not had any mishaps? The answer is obvious: Training, or a lack thereof... Any Boeing is still better than anything put out by Airbus...

Airbus is the best thing that has happened to air travel.

They keep Boeing on its toes!

Anyone who tells me either plane is actually better for the general public is nothing but plain bullshit.

Boeing's problems started the day they bought out all the American competition.

Airbus, withe certain models, is years ahead of Boeing.

Boeing's problems with the 737 Max cam,e about because Boeing wanted to compete with a successful Airbus model, and failed miserably, costing lives, and billions in compensation.

Bean counters and bad management.

Come to think of it, I wonder how much Boeing had to pay in bribes to buy all the competition to be allowed by the government.

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Anyone who tells me either plane is actually better for the general public is nothing but plain bullshit.

Boeing's problems with the 737 Max cam,e about because Boeing wanted to compete with a successful Airbus model, and failed miserably, costing lives, and billions in compensation.

Come to think of it, I wonder how much Boeing had to pay in bribes to buy all the competition to be allowed by the government.

The A-320, which is the competition for the 737 series was not without its mishaps. Very similar to the MAX, when a computer flies, not a pilot. The mighty A-380 has also had its faults.

Ryanair has purchased aging airframes. They are also cheap. I wouldn’t have ever flown them.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not having much better luck with the military's KC-46 tanker either. Bad management, shitty quality control, and an ego that far exceeds their capability!

Phil

Posts: 1466 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I agree on one point you bring up Saeed, that of competition. Air frame wise, I'm sorry, but both from a passenger and aviator, the Airbus isn't even in the same universe even when compared to an ancient 747.

For one, it's over 100kts slower. The philosophy of Airbus is to limit the pilot's abilities to fly the airplane by severely constricting the flight regime. Boeing in turn allows the man at the controls to exercise his skills. Having ridden as a pax on both, the seats on an Airbus plain SUCK, not to mention on flights from say Atlanta to Johannesburg, it can't make it on one leg. Boeing jets can. The only way Airbus made it in the marketplace is because the GOVERNMENTS that owned the conglomerate, deliberately under priced their products, just like the japanese did with all their stuff. From an aviator standpoint, give me a Boeing every time..

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7136 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I suppose I forgot to mention President Trump did say the contract for the new Air Force 1 was insanely overpriced. I’m not talking about the proposed paint job...

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Boeing in turn allows the man at the controls to exercise his skills

Yes.

To the point where the plane flies into the ground despite the pilots!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes.

Doesn't happen to WELL TRAINED pilots, but the Airbus sure as hell did.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes.

Doesn't happen to WELL TRAINED pilots, but the Airbus sure as hell did.

You nailed that one Jorge!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So well-trained that they did not recognize a stall from 30,000+ ft to sea level.

Posts: 83 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vangulik:
So well-trained that they did not recognize a stall from 30,000+ ft to sea level.
That was the Rio mishap? Shit, even as a "conehead" (student Naval Aviator), I knew that if I gooned something up and had the altitude, just LET GO of the controls and the plane would "seek"conrtolled flight. I guarantee you those guys that bought the farm wouldn't recognize unusual attitudes (greater than 30 deg AOB) if it bit them in the ass, which it did.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I love the way some of are blaming the pilots for Boeing’s screwups.

Isn’t one of the first thing taught to pilots is recovering from a stall??

So ATP rated pilots, on two separate airlines, were so ignorant of this fact??

Why have the safer authorities all over the world grounded these models??

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love the way some of are blaming the pilots for Boeing’s screwups.

Isn’t one of the first thing taught to pilots is recovering from a stall??

So ATP rated pilots, on two separate airlines, were so ignorant of this fact??

Why have the safer authorities all over the world grounded these models??

1.Bowing has PLENTY to answer for with this HORRIBLE modification
2. Poorly trained ATP pilots sure as hell can't cope with this issue, as evidenced by the fact NO us carrier has lost a plane and for example, Southwest has HUNDREDS of these airframes. Air France pilots gooned up BIG TIME our of Rio.
3. They've been grounded because they KNOW the level of training of their pilots AND of course ensuing litigation.
I for one am not saying Boeing is blameless, especially with that modification that again was implemented because they were trending towards the Airbus mentality of "we know what is good for these pilots" instead of spending the money and taking these guys out and showing them proper techniques and recovery procedures.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member