THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Tanzania No Longer Requires Rapid Antigen Test

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tanzania No Longer Requires Rapid Antigen Test
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Just filled up our arrival form that is required to be done within 24 hours of arrival.

It says we no longer require the test on arrival.

Several friends of ours arrived there yesterday, they were no longer required too.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is good news, I hope this spreads to other countries quickly. Unfortunately, I don’t think the US will be one of them.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Not so fast my friend.

Americans still need it!

We are laughing here as we printed the results.

UAE, GERMANS and SWEDES no need.

Americans do!

What is the logic is beyond me!

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We leave Tanzania for the US on Tuesday. The US only requires antigen test and Ethiopian goes along with that. You can only get the antigen test the day you leave.
We hope it works.
Tanzania and Zanzibar have been fantastic but, air travel really sucks right now.

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also, we were in Rwanda. No one, I repeat no one was not wearing a mask. No matter where or what everyone all the time wore a mask.

Rwanda is the cleanest country I have ever visited. No trash anywhere. Lots and lots of people, bicycles, scooters, cars and big slooowww trucks. But no trash.
When you get off the few paved roads there are few roads in the world that are worse.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just filled up our arrival form that is required to be done within 24 hours of arrival.

Several friends of ours arrived there yesterday, they were no longer required too.

That's great news! We will arrive in Dar on the Oct 18.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
quote:

That's great news! We will arrive in Dar on the Oct 18.

Americans still require it.

Read my above post please.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
But now Americans only need a test 96 hours before departure. It was 72 hours before arrival.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Americans still require it.

Read my above post please.

Understood. What I should have said is, that's great news for you.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I fail to see the sense in this silly addition to your already mostly unpleasant travel arrangements!

We are vaccinated, all had to have a PCR test before boarding, more hassle on arrival just makes you think it is all to a get a few dollars from you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree it is a money grab. Test in USA. Arrive Rwanda, PCR test, $50 each. Can’t leave hotel room till you get results. Two days later $47 for two more PCR that we never get results for. Arrive Tanzania, rapid test, $10 each. I get my results before I can sit down. Now the rapid test to get home from Zanzibar. Testing center is a tent in the middle of a field.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
With the crew in charge in the US, we should be happy we don’t need to bring ventilators along on every flight.

Control freaks, all of them.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With the crew in charge in the US, we should be happy we don’t need to bring ventilators along on every flight.

Control freaks, all of them.

Mike

Agreed!

one of us
posted Hide Post
You don’t know what you are talking about!!!
Getting out of and back into the GOOD old USA was the easy part of our 3 weeks in Africa.
Every other place we traveled to made us jump through countless meaningless hoops.
Getting back in, “Did you have a good trip? Welcome back!”

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It took us longer to clear customs than it does to wade the Rio Grande, I can tell you that!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulcinea:
You don’t know what you are talking about!!!
Getting out of and back into the GOOD old USA was the easy part of our 3 weeks in Africa.
Every other place we traveled to made us jump through countless meaningless hoops.
Getting back in, “Did you have a good trip? Welcome back!”

Bet you weren’t traveling with a rifle. My recent experience mirrors yours.Travel with a rifle and you are considered an arms smuggler coming or going. Just another reason I simplified my life….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand what you say Jerry. But this thread is about the virus and testing and such, not about traveling with firearms.
So, I still stick to my point.
These two guys don’t know what they are talking about.

Keith