THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Ethopian Air to Vic Falls - any info appreciated!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ethopian Air to Vic Falls - any info appreciated!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted
Hi guys. Well, headed for Zim in May. I will be flying Ethopian Air with rifle. Flying from Albuquerque to D.C. Overnight, then Addis to VF. Absolutely any shared info would be appreciated. I have been many, many times via Delta and S.A. Air but never Ethopian. Please educate me. Many thanks!

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
BC,
I’ll be making the same trip in 2022, into VFA, but haven’t settled on route or airline yet. Looking forward to responses you get.
Best,
Rob

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robncolorado:
BC,
I’ll be making the same trip in 2022, into VFA, but haven’t settled on route or airline yet. Looking forward to responses you get.
Best,
Rob

In the current climate, I would wait.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Traveling and staying in DC before your flight will cut close your 48 hour time period.

Zimbabwe..
Quarantine requirement at government designated site.

People arriving in Zimbabwe are subject to a 14-day quarantine period. If you arrive with a negative COVID-19 test issued within 48 hours of arrival, or test negative at the airport, you may self-isolate at a designated address. If you test positive for COVID-19 at the airport, you will have to quarantine in a Government-approved facility.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1574 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brennan,

Ethiopian has been super dependable throughout the pandemic. My clients have all been happy with Ethiopian. They will contact you in Addis in the airport to go to baggage and check your guns but that's just routine.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Flew them in Nov. to Zambia, had a short stop in Harare. No problems what so ever. They will check your rifle in Addis. No problem, going they had a guy meet me at the plane with my name on a piece of paper. Took us to the baggage area in our own van, then walked us to the gate. Coming back, I went to the counter at the gate and told them I had a firearm, the lady walked me to the baggage area then back to the gate. They have ample leg room also, more than Delta. I'm using them in June.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked into flying Ethiopian to Zim next month, the overnight in DC was a showstopper for me. I was told I would have to claim and recheck my firearm in DC, also would be cutting it pretty close on the 48 hour covid test limit, as has been mentioned. Emirates didn’t have workable flights for the period I needed, so flying Qatar thru Joburg to Harare.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2744 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopian was my only option to get to Harare when I needed to in April. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the 48 hour Covid testing results work with the overnight at Dulles.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
I see that Ethiopian also flies out of Chicago. Another possible option.

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I've heard nothing but good about Ethiopian. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I've heard nothing but good about Ethiopian. tu2

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote