Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rapid PCR test-DFW
 Login/Join

posted
Ok-I know a lot of folks have been looking for quick turnaround pcr tests (including me). I am leaving Monday, 8/16 for Botswana and cannot find a lab that can get me same day results. In a previous thread some of you were kind enough to list contact info of some labs in the area. I have called all of them and most of them they are telling me 2-5 days for pcr results. One lab indicated that they could get next day results but it doesn’t look like they have appointments available. In any event, if anyone knows a lab within a couple hours of DFW ( I am actually in Athens) that can get me same day results I would really appreciate it. My flight to Maun w/ layovers is 36 hours and I would like to have a few hours to spare in case there is a delay. Thanks much.

Posts: 12 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 04 June 2020Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try this one:

https://communitymedcare.com

There's a few locations as you'll see. A couple of our clients in the DFW area have had same day PCR results (including weekends), at least at the Southlake location.

Hope this helps. Good luck in Botswana!

Trey Sperring
Neal and Brownlee, LLC

Quality Big Game Hunts Since 1975

Posts: 1 | Location: Greater Fort Worth Area | Registered: 08 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had results in about an hour from Sinai Urgent Care in University Park.

https://www.sinaiurgentcare.com/locations

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I have a Sunday evening (6:00 pm) apptment at Community Med in Southlake. They said I could get the results Sunday night. Hopefuly this will go well and I can actually get on the plane Monday.

Posts: 12 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 04 June 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple more, we've used the one in Ft Worth and have referred several others, all good experiences with results emailed within 45 minutes. The other is about 15 minutes north of DFW airport, I'll likely be using it in about 16 days.

www.haztech.com - just north of DFW
www.pediatriccarefortworth.com - about 30 minutes from DFW

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any similar suggestions in Houston? I leave on August 17. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my PCR test in San Antonio at Haztech testing. https://haztech.com/book-covid-19-test/

I waited in the office and received the results w/in 30 min.

Dallas : Haztech Testing Center – Dallas
580 S. Denton Tap Rd.
Coppell, TX 75019

Haztech Testing Center – Houston
18648 Mckay Dr., Suite 120
Humble, TX 77338

Currently overnight in Dubai- arriveHarare this afternoon . So far so good.

Posts: 26 | Location: Hye,Texas | Registered: 06 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by w5qzt:
I got my PCR test in San Antonio at Haztech testing. https://haztech.com/book-covid-19-test/

580 S. Denton Tap Rd.
Coppell, TX 75019

Humble, TX 77338

Thanks for sharing this information. I scheduled an appointment at their Humble, Texas location.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cajun1956:
quote:
Originally posted by w5qzt:

580 S. Denton Tap Rd.
Coppell, TX 75019

Humble, TX 77338

Thanks for sharing this information. I scheduled an appointment at their Humble, Texas location.

Earlier this week, I scheduled an appointment for the RT-PCR Covid test at HazTech Testing Center’s Humble, Texas location near the airport.

I received the test results via email 30 minutes after the test was performed.

I accessed Global Haven’s website, uploaded the test results, and then printed the Trusted Traveler’s Travel Code.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cajun, what did the 30 min PCR test cost you at HazTech? I have been paying $400 a test at Kingwood with results in an hour.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correction, $500 a test.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
Bwanajay,

HazTech charges $250 for their RT-PCR Covid test with 30 minute results.

I asked the young lady how long they had been open and she advised about 3-months.

Another interesting development.

After completing my check-in at Emirates, the young lady returned all of my paperwork except for my Form 4457’s.

I asked why she kept the Form 4457’s snd she responded that they are required to forward them to Customs and Border Protection.

She then advised that she could a make copy if I wanted or needed the Form 4457’s.

Another interesting observation: All of the Metro Police that I observed were carrying AR-15’s.

Lots of firsts this trip and I haven’t departed IAH yet.

Please carry on my friends.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

After completing my check-in at Emirates, the young lady returned all of my paperwork except for my Form 4457’s.

I asked why she kept the Form 4457’s snd she responded that they are required to forward them to Customs and Border Protection.

She then advised that she could a make copy if I wanted or needed the Form 4457’s.

Another interesting observation: All of the Metro Police that I observed were carrying AR-15’s.

Qatar kept a copy of my 4457 this past March, in 2019, too.
Several of the CBP officers at DFW were carrying M-4’s as well in March.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bwanajay,

I asked the young lady how long they had been open and she advised about 3-months.

Thanks for the info Cajun.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
As an aside if departing from ATL, BR Medtest is located near the airport and does the rapid PCR with results in an hour or less. Cost is $190. I’ve scheduled an appointment on Aug 30 morning on my way to depart on QA.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
As an aside if departing from ATL, BR Medtest is located near the airport and does the rapid PCR with results in an hour or less. Cost is $190. I’ve scheduled an appointment on Aug 30 morning on my way to depart on QA.

PCR test in Tanzania now reduced to $50 from $100 and Rapid test at airport down to $10 from $25.

We seem to be quite reasonable after all. Big Grin

Posts: 1903 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a PCR test at Haztech in San Antonio this afternoon, $250.00. Had results e-mailed to me in less than 30 minutes. Leave from Houston tomorrow for Tanzania landing at Kilimanjaro, hope the test there goes as smoothly.

Posts: 48 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
quote:
Bwanajay,

Thanks for the info Cajun.

You’re welcome my friend.

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got a PCR test at Haztech in San Antonio this afternoon, $250.00. Had results e-mailed to me in less than 30 minutes. Leave from Houston tomorrow for Tanzania landing at Kilimanjaro, hope the test there goes as smoothly.

Good luck and good hunting!

One of Us
Picture of Flipper Dude
posted Hide Post
Not Dallas, but we used Genview Diagnosis in Houston near IAH airport. Opted for their 10 hour results which are free if you have insurance. Three of us were tested at different times and all had results inside 4 hours. Never leave your car. No costs.

Posts: 261 | Location: Huffman, TX.  | Registered: 04 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
You may want to take a look at Rapid Med Urgent Care.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote