THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    PCR testing - Houston IAH ??

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCR testing - Houston IAH ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted
Question - anyone have experience with getting a PCR covid test in Houston? Timing of testing and getting results is what I'm asking about.

Am flying early August to Johannesburg, so I recognize things may well change by then. For now, it looks like a PCR test is required within 72 hours of ARRIVAL. I noted Karl Evans experience transiting to Zim and the tight timeline he and his wife experienced - Zim being only a 48 hour window. Got me to thinking....

Appears SA requires the PCR test, which is the one whose results can be delayed. Willing to pay a little more to get early results, which may be an option. United has a facility offering this test in their terminal. Don't know how expedited those results may be.

Timing might be important here. Flying Emirates with a 30 hour schedule from departure to arrival. Depending on when the clock starts on the PCR test, there should be enough room for it to be OK. But I would appreciate anyone sharing their experience getting this done at IAH.

Posts: 724 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Kingwood Emergency Hospital

Hopefully Bwanajay will weigh in with his recent experience. He flew Emirates to Uganda several weeks ago and the timing worked perfectly for him.

Mike

Posts: 21096 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Smiler Excellent! Looking forward to hearing about it. The website indicates same day results are available. That would be great!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Jay had his results in 2 hours as I recall.

Mike

Posts: 21096 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HT, MJines directed me to Kingwood Emergency Hospital in Humble Texas for the PCR test. I arrived an hour before my scheduled appointment time and was admitted immediately. I had my printed results in hand 1 hour after testing. The drive time from Kingwood to George Bush is about 15 minutes. The cost was $500.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
Very much appreciate the heads-up. Sounds like a great solution. Hope Uganda was fabulous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karamoja was about the last area in Uganda that I hadn't hunted and it was everything that I had heard it would be and more! Lots of buffalo, Ele and stunning landscapes.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote