THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Kathi Klimes/Wild Travel and Emirates

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kathi Klimes/Wild Travel and Emirates
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All,

I cannot say enough great things about Kathi. I threw together a last minute trip to Zambia for a leopard and went to my usual sources for travel arrangements. I have flown Emirates on my last two trips and they are my preferred airline for Zambia. When I reached out to the travel agents I have used in the past I learned that because of a "falling out" that has occurred between the software vendor (SABRE) they use for booking arrangements and Emirates, for the time being they can no longer book Emirates flights. This was very disappointing and frankly, I wasn't exactly sure what my plan was going to be when I remembered reading a post that Saeed uses Kathi for his friends traveling from the US, and we all read her posts (I still wonder where she comes up with some of the information she digs up-lol). I figured if anyone could get the job done she could. A short phone call and the sharing of some information and she was on it. She does not use the SABRE system so she has full access while others currently do not. I am sure that there have been some posts on this but it was news to me. We have some great resources for travel that are discussed in these forums and I hope this issue is temporary, but for now Kathi is about it and has done a great job. Thanks Kathi!

Cheers,

Sam

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 15 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
LeGrand,

Thank you for sharing this information.

As you indicated, things are changing and quickly these days for travel.

It is always nice to have a back up, just in case.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1563 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 !!!

I just used Kathi for the first time, for my upcoming Zim trip (I depart on Monday, assuming my PCR test is good).

She did a very thorough job & she is my #1 pick going forward.

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Kathi always provided us with the best service one could wish for.

I am a bit unsure about some travel agents who put their own money making interest ahead of the clients interest.

They all get a commission from the bookings they do.

Some airlines - or booking systems - might pay more than others.

That does not alter the fact that a passenger looks for what will fit his travels needs best.

And the travel agent should provide it.

Funneling passengers towards a route that pays HIM more, but serves the passenger LESS is not acceptable.

And travel agents who do this should be made aware of it!

This "make a quick buck" system should not be encouraged.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Kathi always provided us with the best service one could wish for.

I am a bit unsure about some travel agents who put their own money making interest ahead of the clients interest.

They all get a commission from the bookings they do.

Some airlines - or booking systems - might pay more than others.

That does not alter the fact that a passenger looks for what will fit his travels needs best.

And the travel agent should provide it.

Funneling passengers towards a route that pays HIM more, but serves the passenger LESS is not acceptable.

And travel agents who do this should be made aware of it!

This "make a quick buck" system should not be encouraged.

I've often wondered about this in the past when an agent will book my fare only to find out later if she booked a day later or earlier I could have saved $700 on my ticket. Or, when my connections are 20 minutes between flights. And then is the agents who try to push me into buying insurance or other add-ons--to up their commission I would guess.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
She is the best

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote