New
Find
Notify
Tools

18 days left to take-off
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be hunting in Moz for 14 days with my PH for a bull ele.I will be flying United-South African from Dulles to Johann to Moz.
I think I am going to take less pictures this time and just relax and enjoy the hunt.The hunt will be filmed by Ray Buchanan.
I am starting to get excited about this.It is my favorite time of the year for hunting too.I get the hunting bug more than ever around this time.
I might lay off the booze too-unless I shoot something. Wink I will have a couple of Moz cold brew if I shoot one.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kingsview Safaris
posted Hide Post
Good luck and all the best

Listen to our Podcast - Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris

info@kingsviewsafaris.co.za
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
HC50/2015EC

Posts: 67 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 29 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who are you hunting with in Moz?

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck and good hunting.

Posts: 1789 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will get a hunt report when I return.
It will be a tracking hunt with lots of walking and similar to the hunt I did in Dande with bulls raiding villages and so forth.I am told there is Jess too.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Good luck and hope you get your elephant this time, for what I heard from your last hunt you definitely deserve it.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck George!!! Hope it all goes well.
Its going to be hot though!!!!!

Say Hi to Ray .

who is "your" PH???

CHEERS

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with my PH's own outfit-Richard Tabor Pro Hunting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the best, George. Kill a big one!

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck, and have heaps of fun! Looking forward to the story!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to your report.. Didn't know Richard was hunting in Moz.

Posts: 1862 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He knows of and has hunted a very good place in Moz for buff too.I don`t want to speak on his behalf.Best you contact him if you want to know more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
He knows of and has hunted a very good place in Moz for buff too.I don`t want to speak on his behalf.Best you contact him if you want to know more.

Thanks.. Will wait for your report. Good luck!

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
All the best George and yes, kill big one

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi

How much of a hassle is it to transit thorough the US with a gun? I was always under the impression it was so have never really considered it. I hope your hunt goes well.

Posts: 234 | Location: Northern Ontario | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George - Here is hoping you have a great adventure on your upcoming trip. Please continue to take lots of pics as you do a fantastic job of it. Will be looking forward to some of them on your return. Good luck, safe travels, enjoy.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
R8 Blaser

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Have a great Safari George. Elephant hunting in Moz will be fun. Cabora Bassa area I would presume. Good country for the Searcy or a Martini tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Have a great Safari George. Elephant hunting in Moz will be fun. Cabora Bassa area I would presume. Good country for the Searcy or a Martini tu2

I would take the Martini too but they(Moz) want 1000 for the permit.Also, my PH has acquired a 500NE and needs some ammo.I believe that we are allowed only 40rds.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...ZCoutadasMap-web.jpg

Good chance for an Eland in that area also

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ilw:
Hi

How much of a hassle is it to transit thorough the US with a gun? I was always under the impression it was so have never really considered it. I hope your hunt goes well.

If guns remain in transit there are zero issues but I'd get a 6N1A just to be safe.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On the firearm best to contact the proper authorities.In this case I believe it is ATF.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With all flak flying around about killing old majestic elephants and to avoid any criticism, just make sure it doesn't go over 80lbs. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]Searcy[/URL]
[URL= ]ammo[/URL]

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
You are probably on your way now-good luck. Next week for me-going to Zambia with a Searcy 500 and 570gr North Fork FPS. Keep us posted.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you too,twoseventy.I will be off in a few hours.I hope both our Searcy's do well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George, hope you have a great hunt! Please give us a report on your return.
Larry

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and have a great hunt.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote