Tools

New Economy Seating
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Interesting

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66680 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The average fat American will never fit in this rotflmo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Now now!

With today’s atmosphere you will be accused of fat shaming the fat pigs! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66680 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My guess is the airlines won't spend the money, for sure on retrofits. I read elsewhere that seat width went from 35" to 31". Class action suit for fat people?

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
One thing I notice is those are NOT the current economy size seats. They are way too wide for what is currently in use.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Now now!

With today’s atmosphere you will be accused of fat shaming the fat pigs! clap

The truth is the ultimate defense and it is true- Americans have turned into a race of pigs. pissers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We flew BA A380's Premium Economy on the longest legs of our Africa trip. We were quite comfortable. We aren't small people. I'm 6 ft. 230#, wife is 5'10", built just right.
Jo'burg to London to L.A.

Posts: 451 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 January 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
My guess is the airlines won't spend the money, for sure on retrofits. I read elsewhere that seat width went from 35" to 31". Class action suit for fat people?

Dave

Even 1st class seats are not 35" - you are talking about seat pitch, not width.

Airlines should have a simple policy: if your body is so big it takes up space in the neighboring seat "air space" you either need to fly first class, buy two seats, or be willing to be accommodated in a different seat or take the next flight.

I am so tired of it...but if you complain, you will get a voucher - every time I do United gives me a $200 voucher.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

Dave

Airlines should have a simple policy: if your body is so big it takes up space in the neighboring seat "air space" you either need to fly first class, buy two seats, or be willing to be accommodated in a different seat or take the next flight.

I am so tired of it...but if you complain, you will get a voucher - every time I do United gives me a $200 voucher.

Damn man, wish I knew the voucher thing...I’m a bigger dude but always stay in my lane. I sat next to a lady to SLC who really filled the seat and when she fell asleep literally flowed herself over into my seat, kinda just settled in and got wide. Even after some gentle prods she was just flat out dead to the world...I got used to her hand on my leg and just rolled with it...

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

According to the Gazette Review, the fattest countries are:

1. Kuwait
2. Saudi Arabia
3. Belize
4. Egypt
5. Jordan
6. U.A.E.
7. South Africa
8. Qatar
9. Mexico
10. U.S.A.

https://gazettereview.com/2016...-countries-in-world/

I don't believe it though because the South Pacific Island countries are usually listed in the top 10.

InfoPlease says:
1 Cook Islands 79.4
2 Qatar 77.8
3 Palau 77.6
4 Nauru 75.5
5 Kuwait 75.2
6 United Arab Emirates 73.1
7 Marshall Islands 72.7
8 United States 72.1
9 Andorra 72.0
10 Niue 71.4

But, in either case the UAE rates consistently above the USA.

Because people see more Americans traveling than other identifiable nationalities, (with the possible exception of Chinese and Japanese tourists) it's easier to generalize.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
That’s great. So we are either #8 or 10 out of about 190 countries in the world. Something to be proud of......

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dave

Lufthansa's and United's business class seats are 31" wide now. They used to be wider.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12500 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we're just bitching about airlines, I'd like to see them all require people with backpacks be required to carry them in their hands when entering the plane. Not only are they bashing you as they walk down the aisle, when they put their other hand carry in the overhead bin they swing around and smack you with the pack. I got smacked in the face by a water bottle dangling off a backpack on our last trip.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nobull00:
If we're just bitching about airlines, I'd like to see them all require people with backpacks be required to carry them in their hands when entering the plane. Not only are they bashing you as they walk down the aisle, when they put their other hand carry in the overhead bin they swing around and smack you with the pack. I got smacked in the face by a water bottle dangling off a backpack on our last trip.

Yup. I’ve grown tired of the max -sized hard case and huge backpack and huge purse that all seem to make their way into the overhead bin.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
quote:

Dave

Lufthansa's and United's business class seats are 31" wide now. They used to be wider.

Yea, I was talking about domestic first class; they are typically 20.5 inches wide.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
quote:

Yup. I’ve grown tired of the max -sized hard case and huge backpack and huge purse that all seem to make their way into the overhead bin.

I too I am tired of people putting their personal article in the overhead bin along with their rollerbag. I always put my leather biz bag under the seat in front of me. If I don't have room for my rollerbag (which isn't very often since I generally board first), I wait until the FA comes over and point out all the briefcases, purses, etc. that should be under the seat in front of the owner. That generally works; they ask "who does this belong to?"

Sometimes, you gotta dig your heals in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NObull:

What the hell, just give 'em some room,
you don't need to crowd people when they're
putting things out of the way.
Easy solution.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
wife is 5'10", built just right.

Sounds like a brag, nobull00! Let's see some pics of your wife.

Posts: 13207 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
NObull:

What the hell, just give 'em some room,
you don't need to crowd people when they're
putting things out of the way.
Easy solution.

George

No place to "give 'em some room" when I'm in my seat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
wife is 5'10", built just right.

Sounds like a brag, nobull00! Let's see some pics of your wife.

Naw, I'm an old geezer. Don't need any competition for her attention. She does know the Texas "Two Step" though.