THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Two days to enjoy Dubai.........what would you do?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two days to enjoy Dubai.........what would you do?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My brother, ten year old daughter and myself will have two full days in Dubai on our return from hunting in Zim mid August 2020.

For all of you who have been there where would you stay and what tours / sights would you see in that 48 hours?

Thanks,

GunsCore

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the helicopter tour of city
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
My brother, ten year old daughter and myself will have two full days in Dubai on our return from hunting in Zim mid August 2020.

For all of you who have been there where would you stay and what tours / sights would you see in that 48 hours?

Thanks,

GunsCore

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Do a google search.

Many things to do, all depends on your interests.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I was not impressed

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Milan,

I have not been there since 2000, so you could easily say that I haven't been there.

But even in that time, it was a marvelous city. I don't particularly care for cities, but it is amazing.

Posts: 7762 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We went to abu dhabi to the large mosque and the louve. Both were pretty cool. The mosque architecture was stunning

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Order a barbecued pork sandwich with a side of bacon.

Just kidding (they have no sense of humor about pigs and pork products).

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:

BH63

When I was in Dubai last year, I stayed at the Hilton Al Habtoor City. The restaurant inside the hotel was named "Ribs and Brew". The featured menu item...

St. Louis style pork spare ribs! Go figure.

Posts: 3828 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Milan,

I have not been there since 2000, so you could easily say that I haven't been there.

But even in that time, it was a marvelous city. I don't particularly care for cities, but it is amazing.

Big cities don’t do it for me
So again, I wasn’t impressed, besides that part of the world is foreign to me

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
With that much time I would go snow skiing.

Posts: 745 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:

BH63

When I was in Dubai last year, I stayed at the Hilton Al Habtoor City. The restaurant inside the hotel was named "Ribs and Brew". The featured menu item...

St. Louis style pork spare ribs! Go figure.

Some Muslims believe infidels are doomed anyway, so it doesn’t bother them to make alcohol and pork available to them (much like letting a dog drink contaminated water).

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went on a architectural tour of the city yoiu can also go skiing in their indoor ski hill

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The Burg Kalifa is a great place to see the entire city and surrounding desert. From the top, you can see damn near forever. And it is right next door to the Dubai Mall, which is an indoor city in itself. The gold and spice souks are fascinating.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13096 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you like Indian food make a reservation for Little Miss India its in the Fairmont Hotel and is very good.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I would ask Saeed where to visit and what to see. Maybe, he would be willing to let you try for a Champions Video?

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buckeye:

That was exactly my thoughts
too.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5934 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
My son and I spent a couple days in Dubai last month on our way to Tanzania. He was amazed at what a wonderful place Dubai is, but I still couldn’t get him to ride up Burj Khalifa, he’s scared of extreme heights.

Dubai is an amazing place and if I find myself there again in the future, I’d like to stay longer to also visit Abu Dhabi. I think you’ll find the UAE to be very open minded and accepting of anyone, so long as they’re respectful toward everyone else.

Posts: 3828 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of really good guides who specialize on Queenfish with the flyrod if that is of interest.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Sadie and I may be traveling through Dubai in '20 on our way to or from Zambia and Mauritius. I've done a little research with clients who have travel through Dubai and also contacted a couple of my business associates and I think I should share that research.

First all my male clients unaccompanied by women that went through Dubai have loved it.

Second couples doing the 24 hour layover have liked Dubai.

I have found some negatives that might give a couple or family group pause though. One of my female business associates said that outside of the airport and hotel no man would answer any questions but when asked the same question by her husband the men were more than helpful. Another of my female business associates said out in the city she felt quite uncomfortable as the men unabashedly leered long and hard at her and there were many under the breath comments. (She wore long sleeves and long pant neither of which were pasted to her body) Both of these ladies stayed several days in Dubai and are very experienced international travelers with many trip to Africa to their credit. Additionally it seems alcohol may appear on some high end restaurant's menus but when it is requested it becomes not available.

Please understand this is the feedback I received and in no way an absolute. This is not a condemnation of Dubai or the culture there but just an FYI if anyone intends to travel through Dubai.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12839 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Folks,

Sadie and I may be traveling through Dubai in '20 on our way to or from Zambia and Mauritius. I've done a little research with clients who have travel through Dubai and also contacted a couple of my business associates and I think I should share that research.

First all my male clients unaccompanied by women that went through Dubai have loved it.

Second couples doing the 24 hour layover have liked Dubai.

I have found some negatives that might give a couple or family group pause though. One of my female business associates said that outside of the airport and hotel no man would answer any questions but when asked the same question by her husband the men were more than helpful. Another of my female business associates said out in the city she felt quite uncomfortable as the men unabashedly leered long and hard at her and there were many under the breath comments. (She wore long sleeves and long pant neither of which were pasted to her body) Both of these ladies stayed several days in Dubai and are very experienced international travelers with many trip to Africa to their credit. Additionally it seems alcohol may appear on some high end restaurant's menus but when it is requested it becomes not available.

Please understand this is the feedback I received and in no way an absolute. This is not a condemnation of Dubai or the culture there but just an FYI if anyone intends to travel through Dubai.

Mark

Mark,

I think both women you mentioned the above are lying their socks off!

No man would answer their questions??

What an utter load of bullshit.

Wherever one goes in the malls, the number of women is a lot more than the men.

Those who claimed to have had men look at them more than other places, I think are just wishing this is true.

In fact, one of reasons foreign individuals like to live and work in Dubai is the respect their families are afforded.

And being made to feel very safe.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66686 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
My experience with my daughters, both when visiting as teenagers and later as adults, was quite pleasant. Hopefully I'll have a chance to visit Dubai with my wife, Sandy, before too long.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7536 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote