THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    What Do You All Think Of This?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Do You All Think Of This?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I think the inappropriate contact would be the greater charge.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7969 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I'll say it this way. I have no sympathy for him. If he had done that to my wife, I'm afraid it would have been me facing charges.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13379 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on the legal issues of this case. But I can on this point. The Flight Attendant was bigger than him. I miss the old days of SWA.
http://thefunnyplace.org/funny...ve-to-change-things/

Posts: 751 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I heard of an idiot making a big fuss on a flight from Australia to Dubai on Emirates.

They tried calming him down, without success.

They tied him with duck tape to his seat, and got arrested at Dubai airport! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
I can't comment on the legal issues of this case. But I can on this point. The Flight Attendant was bigger than him. I miss the old days of SWA.
http://thefunnyplace.org/funny...ve-to-change-things/

SWA did have some lookers walking the aisles to sling the drinks and peanuts.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing in the article meets the elements of assault. I think it is significant that the flight attendant requested that the pilot divert the flight because he feared something might happen. Not because something had happened. Should be a not guilty. The passenger is an asshole and will be back in prison before long!!

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
He is charged with interfering with a flight crew. The article says assault was not alleged in the indictment. I am not familiar with the elements of federal assault, but it could qualify as assault under Texas law. I know they were not in Texas, but a Class C assault (Class C is the same level as a traffic ticket) is any unwanted or offensive contact. Yes, that’s rather broad.

As you said, this guy is a scumbag and will be locked up in the big house soon.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I think that pic is of PSA (Pacific Southwest Airlines) stews circa late 1960's. I used to fly them from SDiego to San Jose when I was in the Corps. They were really friendly.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
This incident reminds me of a flight on Southwest back around 2005 or so. There were 2 big guys, both a bit inebriated, on our flight and they started talking about our plane crashing. People were getting upset, and they wouldn’t stop. My son was sitting across the aisle from them and I was in the row behind them, sitting next to a soldier who was in uniform. A flight attendant asked them to be quiet, but they kept their line of crap going.

My son turned to them and said, loudly, “Shut the F*ck up!” They replied profanely toward him and that prompted the soldier next to me to get involved. He stood up and reached over their seats, placing a hand on each of them atop their shoulder. He loudly told them that he did not want to hear another word from either one of them the rest of the flight. One of the idiots responded with “OK”, and the soldier clamped down on the guy’s shoulder, crushing him. He told the guy to nod yes or no if he understood, but not to utter another word. The guy nodded that he understood and the rest of our flight was uneventful.

Upon arriving and deboarding the plane, the two idiots started trying to pick a fight with the soldier. The soldier kept trying to avoid trouble, asking them to just leave him alone and be on their way. All of a sudden, my son came flying in and slammed into the bigger guy, who was a lot bigger, like a lot taller and 75 pounds bigger. He told the guy he was gonna kick his ass and people were screaming for police. We had 6 or 7 cops show up very quickly and everyone got separated. The two idiots blamed the whole thing on us and the soldier. Witnesses who were on the plane defended us, telling the cops about the problems on our flight. The flight crew came walking by, stopped and told the cops how we helped them control the two idiots on the flight and that was all it took. They were cuffed and shoved into a patrol car, headed straight to jail.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your kid was the aggressive one
that time. How old was he?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

George

No he wasn’t.

The two idiots needed to be put in their place!

I was on a flight from London to Dubai, on British Caledonian - which was bought by Bloody Awful Arline’s later.

I was in First Class, with another, unknown passenger, there.

Just before take off a whole bunch of new passengers came into First Class.

I was sitting on one side of the plane, and the other passenger was sitting on the other side.

The new lot wanted us to sit together!!

We refused.

Then two of them started being aggressively rude.

I got up and went to to find the purser, and told him I was not going to stand for this.

The purser came back, had a word with them, and that was the end of it.

Later on I learnt that they were upgraded from Economy because they were part of a large group employed by a company that uses the airline regularly.

Apparently they were told they will get off loaded if they do not sit down and shut up!

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:

George

My son was about 16 or 17 at the time. The two trouble makers disrupted our entire flight until the soldier forced them to behave. Once on the ground, the trouble makers kept trying to start an altercation with the soldier and he kept asking them to stop and telling them he did not want any trouble. This went on from the time we all exited the jetway into the terminal, through baggage claim and finally ended when we were all out at the curb in front of the terminal. When my son shoved the guy, this had been brewing for a good 15-20 minutes on the ground. My son is 5’9” and about 180, the guy he shoved was about 6’3” and probably 225 and 15-20 years older.

My son wasn’t the aggressor, but he was the defender that day. The cops took the trouble makers away in cuffs, in the back of a patrol car, after witnesses explained how things had played out. The kid (who is now 31), isn’t real big but he is pretty fearless.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You should be proud of him!