New
Find
Notify
Tools

any airfare deals to rsa ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
just bought a south africa safari at an sci banquet last night.

are there any air fare deals in may or june ??

your comments appreciated. tom

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just look at travelocity. Kathi can probable do as good.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SAA has a sale now. I received this email from Premier Tours. I would think any agent has access to this fare. (We did buy our airfare thru Premier to fly to Namibia last June and they had lower price than other agents normally recommended here.)

PREMIER TRAVEL & TOURS
SELLING AFRICA for 25 YEARS
TOP PRODUCER AWARD on SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS for over 10 YEARS

R E M I N D E R

TO PURCHASE AIRFARES at 2006 PRICES ON
SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

Including 2 free SAA coupons to CPT or DUR or ELS or PLZ or LVI or VFA or WDH roundtrip

valid for travel for 2007 thru 31 March 2008
if booked and paid by 30 April
Subject to availability

FLIGHTS ARE FILLING UP

Call Carmella, Margo, Lisa or Sophia
800-545-1910, fax 215-893-0357 info@premiertours.com www.premiertours.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just purchased Detroit to Jo-berg on air france or 1519.00 Air France, on their web site has it for 1700 and change. Orbitz is where I found this one. I had my agent purchase it for me as I want to talk to someone I know if something goes wrong or needs to change. Paying them their token fee seems like good insurance.

Yup, going through Paris entails a long layover but you get to Jo-berg at 6:30 a.m. and there are very few hunters so going through the paperowrk shuffle with SAP is no problem.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Has anyone used www.wholesale-fares.com ?

They're advertising business class airfare to Johannesburg for $3,092.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
That $3,092 is a classic bait-and-switch. When I went to book it I was told the fare now was $4,500 and change!

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Isn't such practice illegal?

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Beats me. But it's enough to keep me from ever using that company.

Bill Quimby

one of us
posted Hide Post
Still, if you price those seats on their web site it is just over $7,000 from IAD to JNB.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
There are three or four sites that claim to sell business class airfare at 60% to 70% discounts. $4,500 is a good price, to be sure, but it is not the $3,092 this company has advertised.

Bill Quimby

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Advertised prices are legal if they do state a seat price. As in the case with many airlines and even more so with consolidators, they can sell two seats at a steep discount and when they are gone they sell the more expensive seats.

While not technically a bait and switch it does still suck. Even the newpaper adds from the big boys state airfares to Europe now for around 250 from gateways in the US. Seats at that price are VERY limited. They hope you come, and when you do and find those seats are taken, you buy the more pricey ones because you get a bit antsy.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Used car salesmen have invaded the travel industry. Here is their flag of choice bsflag

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote