Find
Notify
Tools

United to Africa?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Apparently you can't fly to South Africa using the Star Alliance with United anymore. They were in the Star Alliance with SAA.

I was just looking online for flights from LAX to Port Elizabeth, RSA and got the following message on United's website.

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.
The airport Port Elizabeth (PLZ) has no scheduled flights.

I searched a couple of the discount ticket websites and none of them listed any flights with United Airline flights.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12534 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I for one would be happy to see the end of the Star Alliance.

It made great airlines join them and become like the lowest common denominator, bloody rubbish.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66926 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 675 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Apparently you can't fly to South Africa using the Star Alliance with United anymore. They were in the Star Alliance with SAA.

I was just looking online for flights from LAX to Port Elizabeth, RSA and got the following message on United's website.

We are unable to process your request. Please see the message below for details.
The airport Port Elizabeth (PLZ) has no scheduled flights.

I searched a couple of the discount ticket websites and none of them listed any flights with United Airline flights.

You won't get great results searching for flights at the moment. I am struggling to find flights to Dallas out of Johannesburg. Once the world starts up and running again, I think you will get more results.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We should not be thinking of flying until we know what the new travel regulations are.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66926 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It appears that SA Airlink WILL be flying to Port Elizabeth from Johannesburg [www.flyairlink.com] when flying resumes.

They do/did fly firearms as well when they were operating these flight for SAA.

[other flights appear on Travelocity provided by Hahnair operated by FlySafair that does not appear to handle firearms at all.]

Of course who knows who will actually be flying anywhere - after!

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
It appears that SA Airlink WILL be flying to Port Elizabeth from Johannesburg [www.flyairlink.com] when flying resumes.

They do/did fly firearms as well when they were operating these flight for SAA.

[other flights appear on Travelocity provided by Hahnair operated by FlySafair that does not appear to handle firearms at all.]

Of course who knows who will actually be flying anywhere - after!

Sir, SA Airlink has been flying between JHB and Port Elizabeth for years, and have always transported firearms.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote