THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Update on departing thru Dulles

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on departing thru Dulles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
Sitting here at Africa Sky typing this with a cold Castle in hand...

Flew out of Dulles yesterday - no issues, very smooth.

TSA ran my rifle case thru the X-ray scanner and said all good. Did not open the case, did not ask for a 4457...

My traveling partner had to open his case - scanner beeped on something.. no request for 4457 either. Another gentlemen was leaving same time - same deal...

No one asked anything about ammo at all.. took 10 min to check in at SAA and maybe 15 min to run them thru the scanner.

Met up with a large group that came in on Delta out of ATL - they report no issues either....

Got to JNB, took 36 minutes exactly to get our permits at SAPS and I do not use a permit service.

All good, as usual food and accommodations are excellent here at Africa Sky.

As always - feels great to be back !

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good news!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7510 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36416 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Just returned.. Landed at 6:30 and was waiting for the hotel shuttle by 7:30..

Absolutely no issues, CBP was great - we spent 10 min showing them the bullets from our buffalos - once of the guys was interested in how they performed!

No questions about boots, where we were, what we did, nothing.. just checked our serial numbers and 4457s with their computer and we were on our way..

Oh and.... The SAA flight sucked! Worst ever.. We had paid for and had confirmed exit row seats - nope.. bastards stuck in random seats in coach.. SAA = Never again for me!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote