THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Hats off again to TWG and WTA!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hats off again to TWG and WTA!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
I was scheduled for a yacht-based black bear hunt this May in Alaska. Graduation present for my son so we were flying Alaskan Airlines biz class... well I guess everyone knows all Spring hunting seasons were cancelled. One call to TWG and Tricia had refunds lined up for me. Tim Herald was ahead of me in getting our trip pushed into May of 2021 with new dates already on the books. A word of advice from a guy who has traveled around the world hunting and fishing, use good agents and outfitters, you may pay a bit more but they make times like these stress free...

Thanks again to WTA and TWG for working with us on this!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7510 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTGunner:
Bwana, have been spending much time discussing travel change, outfitter change and travel insurance debacle. Booked with Quantus to fly to NZ. They are being difficult requiring rebooking by April 30 for full value. Albeit Our NZ outfitter is being very helpful. But, he informed us that the 2020 hunting season has been cancelled. Therefore he is juggling clients, but not until after Sept. He has informed us that our full deposit will be valid. This is a very difficult time for all outfitters in that clients are spending considerable $$$$$ for trips, hunting, air travel and more. We are doing our level best to be patient and work diligently with our travel agent.
It is not the outfitter at this point but Quantus airlines. Insurance is crap...even the premium policy that we purchased.
You are correct in saying use a reputable travel agent, Navigator Travel. Book with a reputable outfitter, Gary Herbert NZ Hunting. Gary Herbert is a fantastic outfitter who is being as helpful and accommodating as possible during these difficult times. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My hat is off to TWG. I have been using Steve Turner for all my travel for some 20 years now. I have never had a single "hitch" with anything Steve did for me involving the total travel package with hotels, shuttle service, tours etc. Now Steve has done a terrific job in securing refunds etc on my now cancelled trip to Argentina, something that I am sure he did not do a helleva lot of. At least for me. This is my first time. Anyway, if Steve Turner is doing your travel arraignments you are in damn good hands.

Posts: 789 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another +1 for TWG

Posts: 1608 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We were literally having lunch in Chicago waiting for our flight to Uganda when the outfitter called and advised us not to come. Kudos to Steve at TWG and also Christian at Uganda Wildlife Safaris for doing everything right. Looking forward to hunting later this year.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote