THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel from JNB with gun questions...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel from JNB with gun questions...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We are heading to South Africa for another hunt next summer.

After the hunt, we are looking to spend about a week at an island resort. Which one depends on how friendly the countries and airlines are.

Dkrs anyone have experience traveling through Bali Indonesia, Malaysia, Bankok or Phuket Thialand and then traveling on through PEK or ICN.

Are their any issues with storing guns and traveling through these areas?

Thanks in advance!!!

"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy."
Dan Gable

Posts: 55 | Location: Cedar Falls, IA | Registered: 17 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think you will have major problems in these countries!!! Check with the embassy /consulate with them, but i believe they aint firearm friendly!.

cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to many moving pieces use the Ph rifle

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Complex. If it were me, I would call Steve Turner at Travel With Guns for advice.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I reached out to Steve on the 21st or 22nd and have not heard back yet.

That's why I started this topic.
He may be to busy to answer, but I asked for help booking tickets and with gun advice and didn't hear back.

Anyway, we booked back to the USA on Air France and we are staying on Mauritius for 6 days.

Now we just need to finalize airfare to MRU from JNB.

Would have liked to done business with Steve.

"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy."
Dan Gable

Posts: 55 | Location: Cedar Falls, IA | Registered: 17 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe that you can hunt on Mauritius (I realize this is not your plan) so there should be some mechanism for temporary firearms import.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is some exceptional Rusa deer hunting in Mauritius in July and August and the prices are great and it's only like 5 hours from Joberg. However, I do not believe you can import firearms into Mauritius.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're flying Joberg - Mauritius then back to Joberg you could arrange to leave your firearms with someone in Joberg.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds like a solution

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Remember june to aug is low season in Mauritius. Weather was changeable while I was there and lots of places outside the complex were closed.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote