THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Emirates Resuming Flights To Dar August 1st.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates Resuming Flights To Dar August 1st.
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Good start for the season!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66867 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed Very Good News.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. How about Lusaka?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
Fantastic. How about Lusaka?

No announcement yet.

Posts: 66867 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Great, maybe now I can get my son’s trophies shipped home. They were ready to ship from DAR just before everything shut down, never got out. I’d love to get them back here for him before end of August.

Posts: 3843 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emirates cancelled our August 11th flight to Lusaka.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Emirates only announced they will resume flights to destinations that warrant it according to demand.

I do know their flights to Dar are always busy, so may be that is why they have added that one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A bit of good news for a change!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2736 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our flights are booked and confirmed towards end of September.

Let us hope everything stays getting better! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2736 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

Your live hunt report will be very interesting to follow this year, given how this year has unfolded and, especially, given that Alan is now hunting a new concession, Mlele, in western Tanzania. Following along on your safari in September may be the most hunting many of our members get to enjoy this year.

Posts: 3843 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:

A Tanzanian outfitter reached out to me a couple of days ago. Gave me a decent price for a 10 day two buffalo hunt as he had quotas left over from canceled hunts in July.. Considering it. It will depend on Turkish airlines resuming flights to Kilimanjaro. Time frame would be the same, end of September.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congratulation Saeed
Will you hunt Mlele this Year ?

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:

Congratulation Saeed

Yes.

We are all looking forward to it.

We have two friends who love hunting but have never been to Africa before.

Should be fun.

Alan was so happy to hear flights are resuming.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Congratulation Saeed

Yes.

Should be fun.

Sure you will have Fun with Alan and Friends Again. Looking forward to the Report.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Congratulation Saeed

Yes.

Should be fun.

Sure you will have Fun with Alan and Friends Again. Looking forward to the Report.

We are continuing a tradition of almost 40 years hunting with the Vincents.

Sometimes I wonder how they manage to put up with us.

They normally have a big smile on their faces as we arrive, and even bigger smile as we leave rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:

We are continuing a tradition of almost 40 years hunting with the Vincents.

Wow, this is truly awesome and thank you for sharing the fun with us, I always look forward to your hunt reports. tu2

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Emirates will soon require 2 coronavirus tests for select US flyers

BY ZACH GRIFF JULY 26, 2020, 2:00PM

Emirates will soon require all passengers from the U.S. and other countries to get a coronavirus test result before flying. And some passengers will even need to be tested a second time upon arrival.

As of Aug. 1, all passengers traveling to Dubai from any destination — including passengers connecting in Dubai — must have a negative COVID-19 test certificate to be accepted on a flight. Tests must be taken a maximum of 96 hours before departure. This policy excludes children under the age of 12 and passengers who have a moderate or severe disability.

If the U.A.E. government has specified a designated laboratory in the country of origin, then the passenger must get the certificate from that lab. The list of those laboratories is located here.

In addition to the pre-departure PCR test, some travelers will be subject to another test on-arrival.

Specifically, those traveling from the following 29 countries require a second PCR test on-arrival: Afghanistan, Armenia, Brazil, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Montenegro, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russian Federation, Serbia, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and select airports in the U.S.

The U.S. airports include:
Dallas Fort Worth (DFW)
Houston (IAH)
Los Angeles (LAX)
San Francisco (SFO)
Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
Orlando (MCO)

Anyone originating from California, Florida and Texas connecting onto an Emirates flight at an airport not listed above will also be subjected to this on-arrival testing requirement too.

Until Aug. 1, select travelers must carry a negative PCR certificate issued by a “local government approved laboratory” to fly. These certificates must be issued no more than 96 hours prior to departure. The on-arrival testing requirement only begins on Aug. 1.

Many airlines have focused on emphasizing health and cleaning initiatives, and some in the U.S. have even established health advisory panels to highlight these health-related commitments to passengers. Going beyond these actions, Emirates is slated to become the first global airline to require an absolute proof of negative coronavirus test results regardless of the final destination. Before this new policy, testing requirements have so far been part of a country’s reopening strategy to tourists.

The requirements come after 55 passengers who traveled on Emirates flights from Pakistan in June later tested positive for coronavirus. 26 of them were connecting through Dubai to Hong Kong, where testing upon arrival is required.

Ferrying individuals who have the virus may complicate any airline’s relationship with the country of destination. In early June, Greece had issued a de facto ban on Qatar Airways from flying into the country because several passengers tested positive for coronavirus upon arrival. For a carrier like Emirates that traditionally depends on connecting traffic, the new policy can be seen as a critical move to reassure the nations that it serves as it is slowly resuming flights to more cities.

The airline has already established several safety protocols in addition to the testing rule such as mandating face mask usage on board and providing hygiene kits. It also tried to conduct rapid testing at Dubai Airport before departure, only to find it producing highly inaccurate results.

This story, which was originally published on July 11, 2020, has been updated on July 26, 2020, to reflect the latest updates of coronavirus test requirements on Emirates flights.
Brian Kim contributed reporting.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1567 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it’s a good idea, huge pain to comply with, but still a good idea and I bet we see others follow suit. Similar to what Alaska had/has in place for arriving travelers.

Karl Evans

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Testing is nice in theory but where I live it often takes one to two weeks to get results from a Covid test.

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
By the time results are back, they may no longer be true. You can easily convert from neg to pos in 1-2 weeks! nilly

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13124 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Too many different tests.

Non of them is 100%.

So I have decided to follow whatever rules apply to what I wish to do, but carry on with life!

This really has become a bit ridiculous.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear Emirates is resuming flights to Lusaka September 1st. True / False?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1846 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
I hear Emirates is resuming flights to Lusaka September 1st. True / False?

According to their time table flight leaves Dubai 9:25 in the morning.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It's becoming more about quarantines when you get there than it is about getting there.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13360 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
It's becoming more about quarantines when you get there than it is about getting there.

You can quarantine in the bush. Thus your hunt needs to be 14 days.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9854 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Actually I have the most recent Zambian docs concerning COVID-19 dated 8/21 and there is no mention of quarantine for tourists. There are some guidelines offered but you do not have to quarantine or stay in the bush for 14 days.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12850 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote