Find
Notify
Tools

Fake COVID card arrest
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.khon2.com/coronavi...avoiding-quarantine/

Illinois woman arrested at Honolulu airport for submitting fake COVID vaccination card, avoiding quarantine
CORONAVIRUS

by: Chelsee Yee, Sam Spangler

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 / 03:14 PM HST / Updated: Aug 31, 2021 / 10:17 PM HST

HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 24-year-old woman was arrested and charged on suspicion of falsified vaccination documents. The Department of the Attorney General said she submitted a fake COVID vaccination card in order to avoid the state’s mandatory 10-day quarantine.

Chloe Mrozak, of Illinois, also allegedly falsified information on her quarantine location.

On Aug. 23, the Safe Travels Program administrator reported a possible fraudulent COVID vaccination card after Mrozak uploaded and presented the card to the airport screener. The screener failed to confirm Mrozak’s hotel reservation prior to her leaving the processing center. According to court documents, no reservation was found after contacting the hotel that she listed in her Safe Travels forms, and Mrozak did not provide her hotel reservation number and return flight information.

Upon reviewing her vaccination card, Mrozak allegedly misspelled “Moderna” as “Maderna”.

“That’s one indication, as well as other things that in the card they thought it was suspicious and as part of being suspicious they did an excellent job of notifying us,” Special Agent William Lau of the Department of the Attorney General said.

Mrozak listed Delaware as the place where she got her vaccination. The special agent in charge of the investigation contacted Delaware officials to verify her vaccination status, but no record was found under her name and date of birth.

“The AG Quarantine Compliance Team conducted its investigations contacted the appropriate state that does the vaccination and determined there was no record of the suspect that had been vaccinated,” Special Agent Lau said.

After finding her profile on Facebook, the special agent determined that Mrozak had a distinctive tattoo on her left hip. On Aug. 26, he met with other special agents with the Quarantine Compliance Check (QCC) Team to discuss her case. The team believed she would return home via Southwest Airlines and not American Airlines since majority of the flights are purchased as round-trip tickets to reduce the cost.

“It was a joint effort that we were able to locate her, and found out when she was leaving even though she was evasive about her lodging location.” Special Agent Lau said.

After scouting the area, the QCC team located Mrozak on Aug. 28, based on her tattoo, at the Southwest Airlines counter where another woman was travelling with her.

She was arrested on suspicion of falsified vaccination documents on Aug. 28 at the airport before she could leave the island. Unable to post bail, the special agent reported that Mrozak was transported to Queen’s for COVID screening and later transferred to HPD. Bail was set at $2,000.

Special Agent Lau says there may be more cases of fraudulent vaccine cards.

“I can say that there is still ongoing investigations of various false vaccination documents that has come through DKI and they are actively being investigated at this point in time.”

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am going to take a wild guess and say that Chloe is probably not a Mensa member. First, traveling without having been vaccinated. Second, misspelling the vaccine name on the card you are forging. Wonder if she also has an Illinoise driver's license?

Mike

Posts: 21207 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Kathi & Mike,

There are other individuals that have been caught doing the "Fake Covid Vaccination Card".

I am not sure that these individuals are the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I am sure that some lawyer will be able to make a case for acquittal.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1574 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess the moral of the story is to carry further documentation of your Covid vaccine if traveling where the vaccine is mandatory for entry. I'll be carrying my vaccine card original and copy plus my state vaccine record.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12865 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Here we have an app.

One has to have it when getting vaccinated.

The health department updates it.

I was surprised that other countries accept it, as a friend was in Italy last week and that is he had to show!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66933 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Just had both my Covid Booster and my Flu shot this morning. They add the Covid Booster information to your Covid vaccination card, so it's all there. I'm good to go!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Wow. I wish they would investigate all crimes as thoroughly as they did this one!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13385 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those in California. You can get a digital copy of your vaccine record to save on your phone (QR Code)

https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66933 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m waiting to see what the unintended consequences are going to be from the SHOT!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:
I’m waiting to see what the unintended consequences are going to be from the SHOT!

Well, an unintended consequence of not getting the vaccine is death! Seems like a no brainer. homer

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote