New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chainsaw art revisited.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted up a few pics on here several months ago of some chainsaw carvings that I did. Just thought I'd pay another visit, and show everybody what I've been doing. This first pic (if I did this right?) Is my rendition of a cigar store Indian. This was my first attempt at the human form, and by far the hardest thing I've tackled yet!

The next pic is a Blue Heron bench, my first attempt at a bench come to think of it. I've carved a few Herons before, but never worked a bench in the mix.

Just thought I share a few pics, and see if there are any other carvers out there? Thanks for looking!

Posts: 117 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 30 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
looks good to me. Nice job. How many hours on the Indian ?

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! As far as time goes, well I did'nt break any records that's for sure. Never really kept up with it to tell you the truth. I carved it at a friend's shop, he has a forklift that we stood it up with, and a roof to work under when the weather got bad. The face took longer than anything. That was what I had the most problems with. If I had to guess on time, I'd say between 40 and 50 hours maybe? A great portion of that was finish sanding, and the face. I'll see if I can post up a closer picture of the face. That was the part I really wanted to nail.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Closer pic of the face, before it was finished.

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Very nice... great job!

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice...I like it tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote