New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metallicized photography
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am not sure where I remember seeing it, but in the last year, I saw where there was someone who was putting trophy photos on a metallic backing, and it had a very enhancing effect on the photograph. It may have been in a Sporting Classics magazine, but I am just not sure. Does anyone here recall seeing that anywhere? I recently went on safari, and have a picture or two that I'd like to have reproduced in this manner.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2635 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,
That was the website that I was looking for. I'd also like to comment that your photography is worth logging into this site for. I used to believe that there was no "art" to photography, but now I know better.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gracedog!

Posts: 2635 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive used them and have been very happy with the product. I will be doing more business with them.

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep! Roland does great work and is a fantastic guy. Everything he has done for me is just fantastic!

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
same here.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13123 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another option if your artwork is print-ready (no touching up or editing required)

http://www.mpix.com/products/h.../modern-metal-prints

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody was showing that at DSC. I will hunt around for the card but it probably was one listed here.

The pictures are nice too.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Used to blow things up with this guy when I was a teenager. Wink He's put his talents to other uses since.

http://www.allanking.ca/bio.htm

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Roland is THE man on metallic photos! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roland did a great job for me too. 163bc

Posts: 285 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Though a "member" for years I have virtually no posts on AR. That said I just wanted to add a big thank you to those who recommended Roland from Trophy Shot Prints. He was incredible to work with and the personalized service was so refreshing for this day and age. I asked him to work some magic on a couple family pictures from our ski trip last year and I can't express enough how pleased we are with the piece he created. Simply incredible. Though most of his work is hunting related I can highly recommend him for other photo themes as well. Thanks again for a great referral!!!

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
We have bought ours from Costco. I like the results.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote