THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting And Wildlife Fine Art    pair of Holland & Holland "Royale" shot guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pair of Holland & Holland "Royale" shot guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted
An unusual commission a customer asked for this decanter engraved with his pair of shot guns, so I can now say I have made a pair of Holland & Holland guns including barrel making ,engraving ,action, stocking, stock checkering etc Big Grin

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

Posts: 151 | Location: England | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting idea and very nice work ! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but are those locks hand detachable?

Absolutely stunning.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Outstanding as always,thanks for sharing with us.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted Hide Post
The customer who commissioned this decanter bought the matched pair of guns from Holts of London auctioneers, a few years ago ,in the Holts catalogue the estimate was £22,000-£25,000 but I don't know what he actually paid for them , but certainly beyond my pocket

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

Posts: 151 | Location: England | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is cool!!
I've looked at some of the other etchings you have posted and you, sir, are talented!

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. You should approach H&H to sell your decanters with every gun they make Wink

Posts: 2537 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Amazing detail!

reddy375 makes an excellent suggestion.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You left out the leather covered pads, but the rest is elegant.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work. Damn I wish I had a skill that intricate.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I thought single barrel whiskey was the best Wink

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stunning work.

I'm sure its even more stunning when held in the hand.

Posts: 618 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 March 2012Reply With Quote