Find
Notify
Tools

Chatsworth fallow deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted
This large vase was engraved some years ago, it pictures one of my favourite places- Chatsworth House estate which belongs to the Duke of Devonshire, a beautiful estate in Derbyshire England which has fallow deer, and Red deer in the park. I have helped with the deer management here for about 25 years, not only on the park which is an enclosed area of approx 3000 acres but also in the surrounding wood's and farmland totalling about 30,000 acres. The wood's have fallow and Red and recently some muntjac deer have appeared which can be very destructive to new tree plantations. I hand engraved the vase with work on both sides to produce a 3D effect.

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

Posts: 151 | Location: England | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Stunning!

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed!

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted Hide Post
WOW, THAT'S GORGEOUS, LOVELY

regards Jacko

"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin

Posts: 34 | Location: Sth East Qld Australia | Registered: 02 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Some real eye candy for sure! tu2