New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legends of the Hunt, Seerey-Lester
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

The pictures inside the book are reproduced with quality not as good as on the dust jacket.
Dull and dark.
But there are nearly 200 of them, and this artist has only scratched the surface of the subject.
He does not have a single picture and story about Saeed, Roy, and Walter in this book! Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Great paintings at that site. Thanks.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Five star all the way.I just got to have one of his paintings.I really like the "night stalker"-no scope,classic hat,a little danger...Just looking at that painting will cure any depression I might be having.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own this book, and it's true the images in the book are not quite as bright as the original paintings. It's difficult to reproduce them for publication and get the same sharpness and brightness. It's still a great book. Call of Africa gallery had a booth at both DSC and SCI Reno and were selling some of his originals and also giclees. To see them in person up close and in good light, they are stunning.

John and Suzie Seerey-Lester had a table set up near the entrance of the hall at DSC, and he was selling and signing his book there. (Suzie is also an artist.) I stopped by to talk to them for about 15 minutes. They are just the most delightful people to talk to. John is already working on a second "Legends of the Hunt" book which will hopefully come out in 2012. He has about 1/3 of the paintings for it done and showed them to me on his iPad. Awesome stuff. He didn't make it to SCI Reno because he caught pneumonia in Dallas, but I heard he's recovering and doing OK now. This man is a treasure, and I love his work.

You can view some of his paintings and order the book at their website: www.seerey-lester.com

Posts: 282 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 20 November 2007Reply With Quote