Find
Notify
Tools

park red deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted
This is a 7 inch wedge shaped circle of optical crystal I have just hand engraved to commission. The commission was from the National Trust from Lyme Park ,Cheshire, England who have run this magnificent late 16th century mansion since 1946 when it was turned over to the nation in lieu of death duties by the family who owned the estate.
The piece was engraved for a retiring ranger on the estate. The estate has a herd of red and fallow deer. The circle is mostly engraved on the back with house and red deer hind and the stag is engraved on the front to give the piece a 3 dimensional effect.

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

Posts: 151 | Location: England | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Whyman
posted Hide Post
I think this is a better photo. I found this piece quite difficult to photograph with it being a 3D scene, getting the light just right.

The measure of a man is by the way he treats another www.davidwhymancrystal.co.uk

Posts: 151 | Location: England | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Simply fantastic! tu2

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
David,

Given the 3d nature of the piece, when you look from the side can you see more of the mansion behind the antler?

Fabulous work as always.

Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote