Find
Notify
Tools

Metallic Photo Prints
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted
Does anyone have a go-to for these with a hunter friendly company? Looking to make some metallic prints from a recent hunt. I previously used Roland (Hawaii) with Trophy Shot Prints (?) a number of years ago but he has since retired.

Beau

Posts: 79 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can get you a company. Give me an hour or two.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Bay Photo Lab. (bayphoto.com)

They do all sorts of printing, metal, canvas, etc.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Thank you. They are 30 min from me. I'll give them a call.

Beau

Posts: 79 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 07 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Are you a costco member?

I buy them from them. Upload them and they send them to my house. I adjust the color and crop how I want them to come out.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seth:

Thank you for recommending this. We just got a new Costco in Logan (Utah) and we signed up for a membership.

I had no idea that this existed. I am going to try it. I am scaling back on taxidermy and this looks like a great alternative.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Costco lead. I went through Bay Photo a couple days ago. I called them and asked about printing hunting photos to gauge their response. They said not a problem at all. Happens all the time.

Beau

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have read some criticism of Costco's quality from real photographers, which I am NOT!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
It’s too bad Roland in Hawaii has retired. He did excellent work at reasonable prices and bent over backwards to be sure you were satisfied with the final edited result before printing. And his metal prints were superb.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
It’s too bad Roland in Hawaii has retired. He did excellent work at reasonable prices and bent over backwards to be sure you were satisfied with the final edited result before printing. And his metal prints were superb.

I didn't know he retired. I had Roland make about 6 prints for me and I was very happy with his work. He did a great job of lightening a couple of dark prints I had that made them usable for some fantastic prints.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I don’t know for a fact that Roland has retired. Just going by the first post in this thread.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
https://www.ocregister.com/202...-shutterfly-instead/

Costco shut down their online photo centres. I don't know about in-store services.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The BLB
posted Hide Post
Update- I picked up my metallic prints and they are top quality, on par with Roland's work. Would highly recommend.

Beau

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
https://www.ocregister.com/202...-shutterfly-instead/

Costco shut down their online photo centres. I don't know about in-store services.

I just noticed that, what a shame.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote